Going from standard install to always running BAT.

Nymblys

Chieftain
When I originally installed BAT, I took the standard install and just went to play with it. Now I can't play without it, it seems lol! In the FAQ, it states that to change Civ to always load it I should alter the .ini file as shown below:

Open your CivilizationIV.ini file in Notepad. It is located in your My Games\Beyond the Sword folder. If you have Windows Explorer set to hide known file types, it will show only CivilizationIV. Search for a line that looks like this

Mod = 0

and change the 0 (or whatever is already after the equals sign) to the name of the BUG/BAT installation folder. For example:

Mod = BUG Mod 4.0

However, my .ini file does not have any line that has "Mod = 0". How would I add this line, in which section?! Thanks for your help!

Are you looking at your CivilizationIV.ini in your My Games / BTS folder? It should definitely have that line. And it must match the folder name in your Mods folder--probably "BAT Mod 2.1". Finally, make sure to get the 2.1.1a patch as it fixes some serious crashing issues. Your older saved games will work fine with the patch.

Top Bottom