Governors giving -10 loyalty

1701122520198.png

I play the game a lot, but have never seen this before...

The problem is the "Nearby rival Diplomat Governors -10", hammering the loyalty. A few observations:

a) As far as I'm aware, the only time this malus triggers is when a suitably promoted Amani is nearby. However, the malus for this is only -2, and there's no chance of 5 separate Amanis lurking nearby.
b) This is not just affecting Windsor. It affects, with the same -10, all cities I've captured from Tomyris (but no other cities).
c) The particular problem I had was with the city where Windsor now stands. It kept rebelling, and on recapture just rebelled again. In exasperation I razed it and refounded my own city, Windsor, but the problem just reoccurs.

I strongly suspect there's a bug here. Has anybody else come across this?

(For avaoidance of doubt, I don't want any gameplay "solutions"; I just want to know if it is a proper gameplay mechanism or a bug).

Moderator: If you agree this is genuinely is a bug, please move the post to the relevant Bug Report section.

I think this is a bug, because I've also come across a similar situation in my last game. Maybe this bug appeared after one of the last updates...

Thank you for posting this to bring the attention to this issue (I was lazy to do this myself, and discouraged, because the Artifact Era Bug I pointed out long long ago is still overlooked by Firaxis).

a) As far as I'm aware, the only time this malus triggers is when a suitably promoted Amani is nearby. However, the malus for this is only -2, and there's no chance of 5 separate Amanis lurking nearby.
I wouldn't be so sure. The AI-Civilizations tend to go for the same City-States. Usually, Scientific ones. If there is only one Scientific City-State in the game, all the Amanis can stack there easily. Can you see if enemy cities within range of a City-State with Amani could also be impacted by this -10? The modifier could be -8 if they put their Amani there, reduced to -2 / 0 with a Governor, and can even reach 2 / 4 if Viktor is nearby.

If it is Amani doing this, you can:
- Conquer that City-State. You can gift the city, and "Liberate" afterward. Either: you gift it to a Civilization far away so they lose it to Loyalty pressure; or: gift it to a Civilization you will declare war. Be careful: you can only trade Cities with full Loyalty.
- Remove the Amanis with a Spy. It is a risky and long but rewarding mission.
- If Suzerain, declare war against everyone so they cannot put their Amani in.

If you built the Audience Chamber, you also have -2 Loyalty to cities without a Governor.

Last edited:
Top Bottom