Governor's Report - CALLISTO

Good Evening

Citizens of the United Fanatica as the newly elected governor of the great Province of Callisto I am delighted to beable to give my first press conference. I hope that you will find it informative and useful. I regret that it is slightly late but I was unfortunately detained, unfairly might I add, by the powers that be. Anyway here it is my first Callisto report:

Konigsberg
Populalation: 21 (11 happy/10 content)
Food 41 (surplus -1)
Trade 48
Tax 50 Luxury 40
Production 35 (6 support)
Pollution 0
Current Improvements: Barracks, Granary, Temple, Marketplace, Library, City Walls, Aqueduct, Bank, University, Mass Transit, Colosseum, Factory, Hydro Plant, Stock Exchange, Sewer System.
Cure For Cancer
Units Supported
1 Marine
2 Alpine Troops
3 Howitzer
1 Diplomat
Units Present
1 Howitzer
1 Alpine Troops
Supplies Coal, Oil, (Wine)
Demands Copper, (Dye), Uranium
Trade Routes Munich Wine +8
Currently Producing Howitzer (2 turns)
Build Que Manufacturing Plant, Supermarket, Super Highways

Leipzig
Populalation: 18 (7 Happy/6 Content/4 Unhappy/1 Ent.)
Food 38 (surplus 0)
Trade 34
Tax 28 Luxury 24
Production 13 (4 support)
Pollution 1
Current Improvements: Barracks, Temple, Marketplace, Library, City Walls, Aqueduct, Bank, Factory, Sewer System, Coastal Fortress, Harbour, Port Facility
Sun Tzu's War Academy
Units Supported
2 Alpine Troops
1 Engineer
1 Freight
1 Cavalry
Units Present
1 Alpine Troops
1 Freight
Supplies Gold, Gems, Uranium
Demands Copper, Dye, Uranium
Trade Routes Tsingtao Beads +4
Currently Producing Stock Exchange (7 turns)
Build Que Offshore Platform, Supermarket, Manufacturing Plant

Hamburg
Populalation: 16 (6 Happy/7 Content/3 Unhappy)
Food 32 (surplus 7)
Trade 46
Tax 27 Luxury 21
Production 7 (0 support)
Pollution 0
Current Improvements: Granary, Temple, Marketplace, Aqueduct, Sewer System, Harbour
Units Supported
None
Units Present
1 Partisan
Supplies (Salt), Gold, Gems
Demands Copper, (Wine), Uranium
Trade Routes Antium Salt +4
Currently Producing Factory (25 turns)
Build Que Barracks, Alpine Troops, Offshore Platform

Munich
Populalation: 16 (8 Happy/8 Content)
Food 34 (surplus 0)
Trade 46
Tax 36 Luxury 28
Production 30 (3 support)
Pollution 0
Current Improvements: Granary, Temple, Marketplace, Library, City Walls, Aqueduct, Bank, Mass Transit, Collosseum, Factory, Sewer System, Harbour
Units Supported
2 Alpine Troops
1 Engineer
Units Present
2 Alpine Troops
1 Freight
Supplies (Gems), (Silver), Uranium
Trade Routes Frankfurt Gems +6, Konigsberg Dye +8, Joespaniel Silver +5
Currently Producing Barracks (1 turn)
Build Que Offshore Platform, Manufacturing Plant, Supermarket

Heidelburg
Populalation: 15 (5 Happy/10 Content)
Food 32 (surplus 5)
Trade 37
Tax 22 Luxury 16
Production 11 (4 support)
Pollution 0
Current Improvements: Granary, Temple, Marketplace, Library, City Walls, Aqueduct, Collosseum, Sewer System, Harbour
Units Supported
2 Alpine Troops
1 Rifleman
1 Spy
1 Engineer
Units Present
1 Alpine Troops
1 Rifleman
Supplies (Cloth), Oil, Hides
Demands Copper, Coal, Uranium
Trade Routes Beijing Cloth +4
Currently Producing Bank (4 turns)
Build Que Factory, Mass Transit, Offshore Platform

Fankfurt
Populalation: 13 (8 Happy/4 Content/1 Unhappy)
Food 28 (surplus 2)
Trade 50
Tax 50 Luxury 37
Production 13 (4 support)
Pollution 0
Current Improvements: Barracks, Granary, Marketplace, Library, City Walls, Aqueduct, Bank, University, Factory, Stock Exchange, Sewer System
Units Supported
2 Riflemen
1 Alpine Troops
1 Engineer
Units Present
2 Riflemen
Supplies (Wine), Silk, Gold
Trade Routes Munich Hides +8, Athenae Wine +5
Currently Producing Temple (3 turns)
Build Que Manufacturing Plant, Mass Transit, Supermarket

Lugdunum
Populalation: 12 (5 Happy/7 Content)
Food 24 (surplus 12)
Trade 37
Tax 22 Luxury 16
Production 4 (2 support)
Pollution 0
Current Improvements: Temple, Marketplace, Aqueduct, Collosseum, Harbour
Units Supported
1 Partisan
1 Alpine Troops
Units Present
1 Alpine Troops
1 Partisan
1 Transport
Supplies Wine, Oil, (Salt)
Demands Copper, Gems, Uranium
Trade Routes Beijing Salt +4
Currently Producing Sewer System (28 turns)
Build Que Factory, Library, Bank

Addicta
Populalation: 4 (2 Happy/2 Content
Food 10 (surplus 2)
Trade 10
Tax 4 Luxury 3
Production 5 (2 support)
Pollution 0
Current Improvements: Temple, Harbour
Units Supported
1 Rifleman
1 Engineer
Units Present
1 Rifleman
Supplies Silk, Gold, Hides
Demands Dye, Copper, Uranium
Trade Routes None
Currently Producing Marketplace (16 turns)
Build Que Library, Aqueduct, Factory

Port Sid
Populalation: 4 (2 Happy/2 Content)
Food 10 (surplus 3)
Trade 10
Tax 4 Luxury 3
Production 5 (2 support)
Pollution 0
Current Improvements: Temple
Units Supported
1 Rifleman
1 Engineer
Units Present
1 Rifleman
Supplies Salt, Gems, Hides
Demands Dye, Copper, Wool
Trade Routes None
Currently Producing Marketplace (15 turns)
Build Que Harbour, Library, Aqueduct

There is definitely plenty of potential in Callisto for high production, especially in Konigsburg. The cities on the main island are all large and with more supermarkets and farmland should continue to grow. I am worried that the growth could be hampered by the swamp terrain. Perhaps some of or engineers coold be used to transform them. This could take a long time but would be worth it in the long run.

My build ques are aimed towards increasing production with plenty of manufacturing plants and offshore platforms. This should ensure that Callisto will be ready for Space Ship production when it is needed.

The province will continue to expand on the North Island and as soon as Port Sid and Addicta become more established engineer can be sent to the east part of the island to build more cities.

All in all I think that we in Callisto are set to become a production heartland of the United Fanatica and with more terrain improvements and my build ques this will be accomplished.

Thankyou

Anarchywrksbest

LEIPZIG AND MUNICH ARE SUPPLYING URANIUM!

We need freights rushed in both these cities before the commodity disappears. In Leipzig the stock exchange should be RBought or IRBought if possible, although I doubt it, and a freight should the IRPBought the next turn. Munich's barracks will be done next turn so we should then IRPB another freight and get them back to the SSC. Unfortunately we don't have any airports on this island but we will need one soon to get the engineers across for land improvements. Konigsberg is running a food deficit and will require irrigation somewhere, or even farmland. The happiness should be dealt with as a priority in this province, as with all cities we capture from the AI, who seem to run their empires with half the cities in revolt, but the huge pay-offs from uranium freights cannot be overestimated in importance and may allow us to play with the sliders even more. :)

I agree with Duke o York. Anyone producing Uranium should make it right away. The the freight should be rehomed to Duck Pond (or other big big trade city far away from a big demanded Uranium city), and send to one of the 3 or 4 major trade cities. Most should demand U. by now.

Don't even think of delivering a a U freight without SHs and Apts at both ends, and all citiezens temporarily switched to all possible trade squares in both cities. The U freights are monsters, and will max the Gold per delivery (2/3 of that for the current advance, or about 1,700 gold at the moment).

PS, no city should build a Mfg plant unless the resulting shields will get up to 51 or more. Prefer more like 61 or 82. The math just works out that way. :)

Hmmm...
Studying it again, are you sure that you've got the food for the populalation :)lol:) of Konigsberg correct? 21 food is nowhere near enough to support 21 citizens. They should have 41 food, or 40 with the hunger of 1.
Does Konigsberg actually have a Hydro Plant, or are you including the one that we get with the Hoover Dam as an improvement? If it has one then we should sell it asap! I want to see the Sewer System for Lugdunum rushed as with it has a food surplus of 12! After that it will need a bank to capitalise on the trade bonuses and to improve happiness. :goodjob:
But the two uranium freights will go a long way to getting lots of trade happiness in this province! :D

Ummm.... anarchy..... I think you may have downloaded an older savegame. The year should be 1878, and the turn thread that you can find the latest stuff in is actually a sticky toward the top of the thread list.

Actually, Munich and Leipzig have already built uranium freight. Munich and Koningsberg both have airports. I think Nishapur also supplies uranium and I will be starting and rushing that next time. I like to look at the supply/demand for uranium at certain points to make sure the suppliers get that stuff out.

Lugdunum already has a sewer (as duke suggested, I rushed it during the last batch of turns).

The engineers are working very hard to clear the land of swamp, jungle and the like. I'm sure that all will look well in Callisto soon.

Addicta and Port Sid probably won't need libraries. The effect on science won't be much, so perhaps we should concentrate on happiness stuff, aqueducts, sewers, trade and some engineers.

Callisto has already been a great shield producer - providing a fair amount of weaponry for our battles. It should be a very nice area for SS parts as well.

I think you've downloaded an old game like Kev said but no problems because the issues that need to be taken care of are the same. :)

I would like to give my advice on a the majority of the cities in your province. You seem to choose for production rather than economic improvements while most of your cities are good in economics and bad in production so I really think you need improvements in the economic direction instead of production.

So here is what I would like to say about the cities:
Leipzig is building superhighways and after this I suggest a colosseum (for happiness) and mass transit (there is quite some pollution)
Hamburg is building factory but production is pathetic so please change to superhighways and bank because the income is good but could be better, also build colosseum because of happiness problems
Munich is building superhighways and the next thing is a close call between mfg plant and stock exchange. I would like to see mfg plant for SS parts production.
Heidelburg is buildin a factory but also this city has low production but nice trade so I would suggest superhighways and stock exchange for economy and mass transit because of pollution.
Frankfurt has nice trade and really should build superhighways and after that mass transit for pollution and colosseum for happiness.
Lugdunum is building bank and should build superhighways after that because also in this city production is low but trade is OK.
Port Sid and Addicta really don't need library, just let them grow, build aqueduct after marketplace and then sewer and some economic stuff.

If you think this stuff is OK than you can change the building queus but if you think you can do it better than feel free to keep the building queus as you suggested.
It's completely up to you, you're the governor!

We may wish to hit Leipzig with an airport after Superhighways. It will make the uranium freight from there all the better - unless we rehome the freight.

I'm just as happy if Callisto goes for a production bent over the next batch of turns. As Civ 1 said, anarchy, you're the governor and unless there's a huge majority outcry, stick with what you think.

I have picked up some bad habits playing Civ2, I will usually push for super production and as much science as possible and worry about economics and pollution in a gap between wars. But I realise that economics are important too. So Kev you are free to make any minor adjustments but when I get my game on par I will be alright on my own. Civ1addicts suggestion seem pretty sensible.

Oh and is Anarchium name after me per chance;)
Also do I have any say in the names of new cities in callisto, if so I have some suggestions.

Addicta and Port Sid probably won't need libraries.

In late game with torrid growth, libraries are not necesary until teh city reaches 40+ or 80+ shield production. Too many other improvemetns, plus freight and units, are more valuable. A single freight can contribute far more with a SH than with a Library. And this is true even if science is set to 0%, which it often is when a bunch of freight get delivered, or the tech tree is done.

There should probably be no more Libraries or Universities in the entire empire, unless the AI is pretty much gone and the game contiues just for score.

:)

Top Bottom