Graphic issues with elephant units

NapoleonBlownApart

Chieftain
I am running into a weird graphical issue with several units, especially war elephant found on the forums, but there have been others. Typically this error involves some kind of square border around the unit, as if the animation frames for each unit were off by a pixel or two.

For example imperator1961's Vietnamese Double Elephant Crossbow this manifests as 2 thin long black lines on the left and top side of the unit's animation. This is not present during the default animation but is present with all move animations regardless of direction. Please refer to the screen shot below. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

elephant graphic.jpg

I dont know, but I would love to add more to my mod, but I find most of them way too large incomparison to the other units.

Where did you find this unit?
It is in imperator1961's "Far East Siege Weapons XIIth-XIVth C." unit pack. Unfortunately it does not have any civilopedia icons either, but there is units 32 file.

Technically you should have contacted the unit maker. Unfortunately both of our Elephant makers imperator1961 and Balam-Aqab are not active any more.

Technically you should have contacted the unit maker. Unfortunately both of our Elephant makers imperator1961 and Balam-Aqab are not active any more.
Thanks for the tip. I apologize if I breached any forum etiquette. I have not been very active on these forums nor am I familiar with the activity of most of its users or the forum's history. I did see Imperator1961 did not appear to be active so thanks for confirming that for me.

Thanks for the tip. I apologize if I breached any forum etiquette. I have not been very active on these forums nor am I familiar with the activity of most of its users or the forum's history. I did see Imperator1961 did not appear to be active so thanks for confirming that for me.
There are no requirements in these parts for being a Gentleman and a Scholar :)

Sorry to reactive my old thread but I have run into a problem with Ares' Mercenary Elephant and Ptolemean Elephants. I believe the unit palettes may be slightly off as both have a gray haze completely surrounding the units as show in the attached screenshot. It appears to be present for all animations. The icon in the lower right shows up with a magenta square surrounding the units. I tried to manually adjust the magenta to 255,0,255 in GIMP after using Flicster to separate the animations into storyboards but this didn't work at all. How do I fix this? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• elephants.png
    elephants.png
    151 KB · Views: 19
it's because most unit creaters use various shades of pink for the transparency and shadows, best solution is to use the bright pink for the 1st slot, and then use bright neon green for shadow slots, this way the error you're getting can be fixed easily. This is my preferred pallete for the transparency and shadows:

Attachments

• civ3pallete.jpg
    civ3pallete.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 10
Top Bottom