Greek units passing through CS borders?

jlim201

King
I am playing a game as Greece. When I send a unit through a city state that is not my friend nor ally, the CS dosent get mad at me, even if I stay in the borders for several turns. When I look at one of the popups, it states that because of Alexanders traits, you are allowed to pass through their borders freely. Why is this not stated on the UA and was this in the game previous to BNW/a patch?

Far as I know it's been that way all along. It's a small but nice advantage Alex has. The UA descriptions leave something to be desired in a lot of instances and we're stuck finding this type of thing out through word of mouth and experimentation.

Doesn't the UA more or less explain this:

City-state Influence degrades at half and recovers at twice the normal rate

So lose 5 per turn means you lose 2.5 / turn. Then recover 2 / turn, so really just a 0.5 point loss per turn. And with shared religion and/or patronage, this could be nil overall.

Or am I way off base here?

That would make a lot of sense, except that's not how it works. It's not documented in the description of their UA, but trespassing Greeks incur no loss of influence with non-friend CSs.

Top Bottom