Has anyone ever translated Civ2 to Spanish?

There were some Spanish Civ2 communities back in the day who made scenarios with Spanish text but I don't know if there were ever any full game translation projects going on in them.

As for more recently I remember @rhaul doing some Spanish translation work on Test of Time here:

Shouldn't the MGE and ToT naturally support different languages?
The only question is: where can you get all these files with the extension corresponding to the selected language instead of TXT? Do you need a separate version of the installation disc for this?

Shouldn't the MGE and ToT naturally support different languages?
The only question is: where can you get all these files with the extension corresponding to the selected language instead of TXT? Do you need a separate version of the installation disc for this?
I think that's the exact question being asked. My classic (2.42) disk has French and German versions of the game.

The issue in the linked thread seems to have been dealing with scenario saved games and events.

Maybe you could run the text files through an AI translator, in order to get a Spanish version.

I think that's the exact question being asked. My classic (2.42) disk has French and German versions of the game.

The issue in the linked thread seems to have been dealing with scenario saved games and events.

Maybe you could run the text files through an AI translator, in order to get a Spanish version.

I guess I could do it myself. I was hoping it was already done, but doing the conversion is also a good way to practice.

Top Bottom