Having trouble running FFH2 on Windows 7.

DolphinTuna

Chieftain
Hello. I realize that there are a couple threads out there that are concerning this type of problem, but I have tried the methods suggested in those threads. I am still having trouble, and any help would be appreciated.

I am currently using a Windows 7 operating system. I have Civ IV installed, with the Warlords and BTS expansions. However, after I downloaded the mod (which I am sure is the correct installer) I couldn't get it to run. The window that says "loading" would appear, but nothing after it.

I followed some suggestions, and I re-installed Civ 4 in /:C instead of Program Files (x86), but the problem still persists. I also tried to give the "Users" group full access to the Civ IV folder, but to no avail. I unchecked "read only" for the Civ IV folder, but it reverted back to read only as soon as I opened properties up again.

I hope somebody could help me with this issue. Fall From Heaven 2 is my favourite mod, and it would be terrible if I couldn't end up playing it. Thanks for your time, and if there is any more information you need to know, please ask.

I'm running FfH2 with Windows 7 without problems. All my folders are flagged by the OS as "Read Only", without any detrimental effect. I am still able to modify the contents of those folders, and the folders themselves. I suspect that this is just a quirk of Win7, and not a part of your problem.

Are you able to play BtS? Try loading up BtS and starting a game. If you can get past map generation and move around a unit that's good enough for this question. If you can then the problem lies in FfH2; if not, then you'll have to fix BtS before FfH2 will ever work.

If BtS works, then make sure you are in fact using the latest version of it. From the BtS main menu click "ADVANCED", then "ABOUT THIS BUILD". The line "Build Version:" should read "3.1.9.0 (128100)". If not, then you'll need to get the latest BtS patch to install correctly. Sometimes it does not, and you might not realize that the patch did not take. I suggest downloading and installing the patch directly (rather than using the in-game patching mechanism).

If BtS is patched correctly, then I'd suggest reinstalling FfH2 from scratch. Delete any installers you are using, and any "Fall from Heaven 2" folders that were created in your previous installation attempts, redownload the mod installer and the patch installer from the offical location (follow Kael's links in the first post of the FfH2 Bug Thread), and then reinstall the mod and then the patch to the correct location (the \Beyond the Sword\Mods folder of your Civ4 install folder). It might be helpful to refer to my guide How to Install FfH2, including the section Recovering from a failed installation attempt:. If you're still having problems that my suggestions and my guide are not able to resolve, please post the details here and someone will attempt to help you sort them out.

Thanks, I just found out that Patch 3.19 didn't install correctly. I'm installing the patch right now, so hopefully that will do the trick. Thanks for your help, Emptiness.

EDIT: It works! Thanks a lot for helping me. :D

Top Bottom