Help? increased unit movement values interfering with promotions.

sully1983

Chieftain
I increased all cavalry units movement to 4, elephants to 2, and all infantry units to 2. now cavalry and elephant units cant receive promotions or be lead by great generals even though their experience still increases. anyone know why this might be or how to fix it? sorry if this has already come up and been answered.

Can't reproduce the problem. If I just change iMoves as described, give myself a Cavalry and War Elephant with 10 XP each through WorldBuilder and end the turn, I can promote both units. (Come to think of it, I haven't tried clicking on the promotion buttons. But the buttons were there.)

Did you by any chance also set a very high withdrawal chance? It looks like units with more than 90% withdrawal chance can't receive any promotions:
Spoiler CvUnit::isPromotionValid :
Code:
   if (promotionInfo.getWithdrawalChange() + m_pUnitInfo->getWithdrawalProbability() + getExtraWithdrawal() > GC.getDefineINT("MAX_WITHDRAWAL_PROBABILITY"))
   {
       return false;
   }
   if (promotionInfo.getInterceptChange() + maxInterceptionProbability() > GC.getDefineINT("MAX_INTERCEPTION_PROBABILITY"))
   {
       return false;
   }
   if (promotionInfo.getEvasionChange() + evasionProbability() > GC.getDefineINT("MAX_EVASION_PROBABILITY"))
   {
       return false;
   }
That's arguably a bug. I don't think there's a similar condition for movement points.

yes I did set a very high withdrawal chance and I forgot to mention it. thats got to be it. thanks :)

Top Bottom