Help with an idea please.

PWL

Chieftain
Hello all,

I'm new here and as most newbies I'm looking for some help. :)
I have experience modding xml, made my own game of GC and GCII using xml mods. And I've modded my Colonization fairly extensively at this point, but it is mostly just cosmetic really. Changing txt, added a new civ all pretty low end stuff. Now I am ready to move on to more game mechanic style stuff and I was hoping somebody here could help me out.

Without going into too much detail I am looking to do two things First I want to change the starting tax rate of my civ (believe it or not I want to make it higher than 0) Then I want to reduce the number of times that the 'king' requests sums of gold, and increases the tax rate.

Any help that can be offered to make these things happen would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

The starting tax rate is hardcoded to 0. You can write some python code to change the tax rate after the game data is set up, but before first turn. Precisely where that is eludes me right now. Alternatively it can be changed in the DLL, but that requires that you set up a compiler and all that.

Time between tax increases is controlled by this:
PHP:
    <Define>
       <DefineName>TAX_TRADE_THRESHOLD_TAX_RATE_PERCENT</DefineName>
       <iDefineIntVal>1000</iDefineIntVal>
   </Define>
Add that to globalDefineALT. The higher the value, the longer the king waits between tax increases.

Top Bottom