Help with Tourism

wayneb64

Prince
I am in an Immortal game, I am the Aztecs, and I am second in score to Persia who I think is only two techs ahead of me. He has like 50K culture and I am so close to getting Exotic with him, I think I have like 4K tourism with him and GM sitting at his border that I built with 200+ tourism output so that should get me to Exotic, but he will NOT open his borders to me.

I only have -12 happiness from him, but I would like to knock that back since I have the GM ready to go. Is it worth a DoW just to sneak my GM in and concert tour him? If I do I can get the Tour in, but would lose the open borders, trade route, and diplomat modifiers and maybe start falling behind as a result.

Hey, pretty certain if you offer him a lux resource in exchange for him to open his borders, he`ll do it. And AI in general will do it on immortal. It`s different with strategic resources or if you have the relationship with this particular AI all in red.

Good luck!

I offered 55 GPT, all my luxs and resources and he said no deal possible.

short answer: he hates you

long answer: if he's the only runaway, get your calculator out and see how much music tours you would need to flip him. Bear in mind you will also influence other civs as a side effect. That way you can DoW, bomb him enough to flip and then hold on the next 1-2 turns and win

I cannot win CV, just want to clear up some happiness issues with the GM I really have no other use for. Giving up a city is not an option.

What I don't understand is why he hates me so much. He was my friend because I voted him host in the World Congress. I have a different policy than him now and I am the biggest resistance to his CV, does the latter trigger hatred? (I also took his host job from him in the last election and have been shooting down his Global Ideology) Guess he has a few reasons.

I need a little while to get my oil resources up to fund some fighters and I guess I just need to engage him with military and hope my GM gets me Exotic and not to much backslide in Tourism.

Can you lose Exotic status once you get it?

Top Bottom