Historic Civ3 Summit :-)

Lanzelot

On Dec 5, 2023, long time GOTM veterans (well, and up to COTM 163 the no. 1 and no. 2 in the Global GOTM Rankings...), I. Larkin and Lanzelot met in Heidelberg for a cup of tea, a couple of chess games and discussing Civ3 strategy, mathematics and the music of Rachmaninov and Glenn Gould... :)

Here is a picture of the historic event (posing in front of the current COTM 165 start position, which incidentally was designed by templar_x, another former no. 1 in the Global GOTM Rankings...):

civ3_summit.png
Code:
I. Larkin                     ----                          Lanzelot

Last edited:
So when you two got together did you play a game of civ III???

Alright, game takes too long for that...

Me and templar_x had a little Viennese summit meeting a year ago, but were too stupid to take a pic!

in our next meeting we could create an XOTM together, what do you think about that? ;)
(like, the many bonuses of your games and the rather... hm, meager starts that i produce, combined? :D)
t_x

sure, why not... most contestants anyways believe my starts are an April fool´s joke! ;D
t_x

Which is which? Just in case I ever go to Germany to seek autographs, I don't wish to embarrass myself by calling out the wrong name.

Which is which? Just in case I ever go to Germany to seek autographs, I don't wish to embarrass myself by calling out the wrong name.
I always asumed that the gentleman with the beard was I. Larkin and the one in the steel-rimmed glasses was Lanzelot, but I now realize that this was entirely based on national stereotypes.

Top Bottom