Holiday Schedule?

DaveShack

Inventor
Retired Moderator
What do we want to do for a holiday schedule?
Please discuss as teams and make your team's position known.

It is ok to discuss as individuals, but we cannot base any decision on comments alone. :)

I'll be away from December 26th to January 2nd. Just checking with my team now to see if anyone else will be around during that time.

If any team isn't able to easily schedule turn players, perhaps it'd be better to take a break over the Christmas-New Year period. Having that week or so of break is fairly standard in most of the Pitboss games I've played, as most people are usually busy with some sort of festivities or holidays. We can pick up again after the New Year. ;)

We can play without timer, so if a team can't, they don't have to. But there is allways a possibility, that a team member can make the turn.

SANCTA has no issues moving the save in the required time frame (if not faster ;) )

Saturn will have team members able to play over the Christmas-New Year period, although a fair number of team members will still be away - which would severely limit discussion. So a break for a few days might not be such a bad idea. ;)

We can play without timer, so if a team can't, they don't have to. But there is allways a possibility, that a team member can make the turn.
You can't remove a turn timer after a game has started. But you can set it to a very long period (eg 200 hours) to achieve a similar effect.

I think a 200+ hour timer over the week of Christmas would be nice.

That way the game CAN move if teams feel like they've gotten enough input to play. If not - we've effectively paused the game for X number of days.

We could implement the new timer on Monday December 22nd - if the timer was 240 hours (is that possible?) then it'd be potentially paused through Jan 1.

I personally think that's a great idea. :thumbsup:

i agree on the 240h timer .. has anyone tried if pitboss accepts that?

With 3.17(or was it 3.13) you can now change the timer in the pitboss program and it will be valid from the next turn.

There wasn't an official team vote, but having seen no dissent I went ahead and scheduled the timer change. This doesn't mean we'll go slower for sure, it just means that there won't be any penalty if someone is out and can't play it. :)

Thanks for doing that Dave, I think it worked out very well :thumbsup:

Now it's time to go back to the 24 hour schedule... :hammer:

Top Bottom