How many cities when shooting for Cultural?

For a Cultural Victory ... open borders is a good policy once you have artefacts, airports and hotels. I never want open borders because I don't want other Civs to settle next to me therefore I never grant it. I now see how your Culture can grow leaps and bounds with open borders at this point in the game. Also using digs as landmarks in your own territory.

I like other posts read...I will have up to 200-400 tourism but feel at times that this is far from being close for a cultural victory.

Brew God

For a Cultural Victory ... open borders is a good policy once you have artefacts, airports and hotels. I never want open borders because I don't want other Civs to settle next to me therefore I never grant it. I now see how your Culture can grow leaps and bounds with open borders at this point in the game. Also using digs as landmarks in your own territory.

I like other posts read...I will have up to 200-400 tourism but feel at times that this is far from being close for a cultural victory.

Brew God

You want the other guy to have open borders, you should keep your borders closed to deny the AI the tourism bonus.

It may be closer than you think. I regularly close out culture games on immortal with only 400 tourism per turn or so. It's all about WHEN you get that much tourism, and also have the ability to crank out musicians (or buy with faith, or a combination). If you have over 400 TPT and 3-4 GMs around turn 300, that will usually win the game.

You want the other guy to have open borders, you should keep your borders closed to deny the AI the tourism bonus.

You can't really get Open Borders with another civ that has a different ideology and senses that you are closing in on a cultural victory. Well, technically you can, it will only cost you most of your resources and half your gold per turn.

This is what I am experiencing now...I can't get open borders with any civ although I am way ahead. I learning new ways to play for a CV. Makes the game somewhat all new to me which is nice.

Brew God

Top Bottom