how shaka pays for large armies?

neoaspilet11

Chieftain
I play bnw emperor, large pangea and quick settings. Shaka is always a formidable threat in early parts of the game particularly if he is my neighbor. he simply has too many impi warriors that don't die easily and gets healed instanly when wounded.

i mean units mean cost but still he had a very large cash reserve in the game.

my usual strategy against him is to build the great wall asap to my city next to him.

Well first, his UA decreases the maintenance cost of his units. Second, he usually bullies nearby city states when he can. Finally, and most importantly, he's an AI and being AI, they usually have the "luxury" of having large armies despite having a huge deficit in income. This isn't just Shaka, it's everyone.

I think his soldiers cost half price plus a couple other advantages he has that makes warmongering a lot cheaper for him. If his AI knows to combine this with other things like `Honour` then he`s gonna be pretty tough.

His UA is 50% maintenance reduction on unit cost - meaning he pays the same price for 20 Impi what you'd pay for 10.

Also, on Emperor, the AI's unit maintenance costs are like 75% of yours.

So, in total he pays for like 25-30 units what you'd pay for 10 (I don't know how the math/percentage stacking works exactly).

Top Bottom