How to Edit Modded Melee Units Into Modded Ranged Units

BH5496

Chieftain
Hello all. I am trying to make some units from the "Unique Components" series more compatible with the Enlightenment Era mod by turning some of the UC's that are made as riflemen into skirmishers (the EE intermediary between crossbowmen and Gatling guns). Namely the Portuguese Cacadores and the German Jaegers. I've come close, but there is something I'm missing. I've tried adding the Cacador to the EE's xml file with the skirmisher stats, as well as change all references in the Cacador slq of "rifleman" to "ee_skirmisher." That seems to have managed to make the Cacadores show as an archery unit and get all the upgrade stats to be that of a skirmisher, however, I cannot get it to actually function as a ranged unit. The only thing that shows when I try to load a game with the mods is its melee damage, which fits that of an EE skirmisher, but there is no range or ranged damage showing. There must be some way to change a melee unit into a ranged one, as the Vox Populi version of the UC mod made Cacadores into ranged Gatling Gun replacements.
Some help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Top Bottom