HOW TO: Final Frontier - System / Planet Editing

I discovered this thread just a few days ago. I haven't tried editing planets yet, but I can't get the method for creating new solar systems to work. I start a FF game, go into WorldBuilder, find a spot for a new solar system (sometimes clearing nebula or radiation clouds to make room), save map, exit BTS, restart BTS and FF, start scenario using that map as a scenario. The game locks up when it tries to load that map as scenario.

I'm using BTS ver 3.17. I've made only two file alterations - the CIV4ArtDefines_Feature.xml fix for the WorldBuilder terrain edit buttons, and the CheatCode edit in CivilizationIV.ini.

This guide only applies to pre-3.13 patch. You need to place a marker on the plot and then save it. Then you have to open the wordbuildersave with a text editor and place a system on that plot (the marker was placed so you can find it). The mod was changed to save planet data, but this means that systems without them (ie, placed in worldbuilder) cause all data after that system to not be put in the worldbuilder save, resulting in an incomplete file.

Got the planet editing to work.

On another note, I discovered that using WorldBuilder to remove a black hole removes its core only; one has to edit the file and manually remove the surrounding gravity field. Quick reminder - the field is all plots within 2 squares of the core. Each plot with a gravity field is marked with this code:

FeatureType=FEATURE_GRAV_FIELD, FeatureVariety=0

You can remove them in worldbuilder. You just have to be careful, because there is no graphic for them. It's the same with supernova damage fields. Removing the gravity field is just for neatness - they don't do anything on their own (the gravity is done in python and is linked to the black hole); the same is not true for supernovas.

Top Bottom