How to kill Hyborem ?

Fireballs will work, but you'll need lots.

From experience, you're best off doing this if he starts in a bad place. In one Amurite game, he started next to the Bannor, so I got an open borders agreement, hid in Bannorland (or whatever their nation is called), and chunked fireballs from there. Mister Big Bad Demon was too much of a wuss to break a treaty, so I basically killed his entire nation with fire.

Aren't demons supposed to be immune to fire? Then again, the immunities stuff isn't working right now.

How do you kill him as the Grigori? He just spawned next to me with a few Ash Bearers and manes. Seeing that I am 2 turns away from dragon slayers with 2/3 ready to be upgraded. ( technically only have 2 because I am saving the third to be a archmage)

Note the bold ;). Also, she had the chance (and based on Bhall's words, the ability) to KILL A GOD. IIRC, the only other entity that has been capable of such a feat was Kylorin wielding the Godslayer.

Oh and an adept with Life I would work too, since Sanctify also turns Burning Sands back into normal desert. It's simple enough to know beforehand though if you need one, since you can simply take a look at the terrain under Dis.

Hyborem should be stronger than Brigit, he is the evil "clone" of Cernunnos, who is now the god of nature....

And Cernunnos is, I belive, the most powerful Archangel.

Well, he was. He is now the weakest god.

It is also possible that when Cernunnos was split into two beings (Cernunnos and Hyborem) his power was also split in two, leaving each archangel with only half of his original strength and bringing their strength back in line with that of the other archangels.

I killed him once in a OOC AW game, when he spawned right next to my capital, and the AI moved all his troops into my land expect 1 mane to garrsoin Dis, and i had a umprotomed horseman 3 tiles away from Dis.

Easist Infernal takeout for me :p

I also killed him with C3 SH2 axe once at 4% odds

This is a minimum what you will need to kill him without fireballs or other magical cheapness, in no particular order:

• A melee Hero (preferably more than one) who is high level
  • At least half a dozen champions or mercenaries (or units of similar strength) with iron weapons, more if you have only one hero
  • Siege engines
  • An adept capable of casting Life I, and another capable of casting Water I

Dis is probably located amidst a bunch of burning sands, making passage impossible. Have your life adept sanctify, and then have your water adept turn the deserts into plains. This will rid you of those impassible squares permanently.

Spend the next few turns lowering his defense. If you're going to bombard, be sure to cast Sanctify first, in order to rid him of the Hell terrain defensive bonuses he gets. If he's near your borders, you might want to use this time to build a road to ferry in more troops.

If you can't weaken him with bombardment, throw away a few of your units. Once you have him weakened, cast Sanctify again, and move in with your hero. I used Guybrush, because watching him duel Satan while singing about monkeys is awesome.

He'll probably withdraw as he gets lower than 2 :strength:, counting on his longbowmen to defend him. From here, it's just attack-attack-attack until everyone's dead (on their side). Be sure to level Dis and Sanctify the remains for a lower AC,

Last game I played I managed to kill him with a stack of four iron weapon champions, but only because he was foolishly wandering around alone.

In the previous game he sat in Dis, on a hill, and I used a lot of fireball throwing iron golems to weaken him enough for Bambur to finish him off and take the city. Was quite an epic battle!

Last game i played i killed him with a high level alaz using mirror when he left his city. You need a courage buffed unit to finish him off.

Non-living units. Great big carload lots of them.

I'm in the middle of my very first game of FFH, playing as the Clan. I had knocked off the only other civ on my continent very early on with a wolf rider rush, and got the great fortune of having Hyborem appear in the newly cleared land. This offended my Octopus Overlords greatly. After spending a small fortune in unit maintenance by hauling my entire army over there to try and take him fast and easy, I found out what the Fear promotion did :mad: Not being terrifically amused by this turn of events, I pulled back and reassessed.

I kept him penned up in Dis by using my "conventional" units to torch any cities that he tried to found while building up a stack of catapults and drowns. Once I had Saverous, about 10 catapults and 15 drowns, I came in from the sea while humming the tune to "Octopus's Garden" and drove a stake through his filthy unholy heart. Cost me an absolute fortune in lost time and unit maintenance, and that side of the continent's still infested with hell, but the Clan does not negotiate with terrorists. :smoke:

As the Balseraphs, he just had all his troops inside Dis, right next to my city. I just sent a group of CR3 mimics. The first two lost their nerve, but the third one took him out in one fight and I finished off the other defenders before he could respawn. Fear has a chance of not working if your unit is stronger. It took me 12 turns to gather the courage to get Acheron with my CR3 beastmaster though.

I used a trick. I moved a unit on a place two spaces away from his last city where he was dwelling. He came out to destroy the unit but had to stay there. Next turn I moved my units into his last city and conquered it. That way, I hadnt to fight him directly, the infernals just got extinguished...

If you're good, Paladins are a huge help, and if you're the Mercurians, the worldspell is extremely powerful. In fact, the Mercurian world spell is so powerful that you need to keep track of whether or not it's been cast if you're playing as an evil civ.

I'm playing a faeryl of the Svartalfar with the fellowship of leaves as my religion, i'm at war with the Khadi and they're pretty weak, but if i take their city closest to me i will end up surrounding hyborem, which i'm sure he'll get bored and attack me, since i'm an evil civ i don't have any holy or demon-slaying magic so i'll be in trouble, should i make peace with Khad and keep them as a buffer state to keep Hyborem busy? the Kahd do have the mana i'm really after...

Unrelated, how do i give my adepts channeling II?

Unrelated, how do i give my adepts channeling II?
promote them to mages.

I killed him once in a OOC AW game, when he spawned right next to my capital, and the AI moved all his troops into my land expect 1 mane to garrsoin Dis, and i had a umprotomed horseman 3 tiles away from Dis.

Easist Infernal takeout for me :p

I also killed him with C3 SH2 axe once at 4% odds

He spawned once near my border, and I had a Hidden Nationality assassin nearby. I just assassinated his settler, and left him to wander :p.

He spawned once near my border, and I had a Hidden Nationality assassin nearby. I just assassinated his settler, and left him to wander :p.

that is an excellent strategy that I had not considered.

If you're going up against a hero, it helps to have some assassins around just in case you knock the hero down to 0.x stength but fail to kill them, and with Hyb, for when the immortality kicks in. So, Milford, you might want your hero to come along with you . . .

Getting rid of Hyb (and Bas) early is key -- if you let them sit around, and you're a warmonger, they will accumulate an army, either from your units killed or from those of your enemies.

Top Bottom