[HOW TO] Start Hotseat game with more than 12 players

Nefliqus

Prince
To start Hotseat game with more than 12 players you have to change default number of civ per world/map size. You can change it in file: .../gameplay/xml/gameinfo/ CIV5Worlds.xml. In this way you can start hotseat game with max 22 players.

-<Row> <Type>WORLDSIZE_HUGE</Type> <Description>TXT_KEY_WORLD_HUGE</Description> <Help>TXT_KEY_WORLD_HUGE_HELP</Help> <DefaultPlayers>22</DefaultPlayers> <DefaultMinorCivs>11</DefaultMinorCivs> <GridWidth>128</GridWidth> <GridHeight>80</GridHeight> <FogTilesPerBarbarianCamp>35</FogTilesPerBarbarianCamp> <NumNaturalWonders>7</NumNaturalWonders> <UnitNameModifier>0</UnitNameModifier> <TargetNumCities>6</TargetNumCities> <NumFreeBuildingResources>7</NumFreeBuildingResources> <BuildingClassPrereqModifier>100</BuildingClassPrereqModifier> <MaxConscriptModifier>75</MaxConscriptModifier> <TerrainGrainChange>1</TerrainGrainChange> <FeatureGrainChange>1</FeatureGrainChange> <ResearchPercent>130</ResearchPercent> <NumCitiesUnhappinessPercent>60</NumCitiesUnhappinessPercent> <NumCitiesPolicyCostMod>7.5</NumCitiesPolicyCostMod> <AdvancedStartPointsMod>120</AdvancedStartPointsMod> <IconAtlas>WORLDSIZE_ATLAS</IconAtlas> <PortraitIndex>5</PortraitIndex> </Row>

Yes, this does work cheers :)

Me and a friend started a hot-seat game and were disappointed that we could only pick 12 of the 19. now i have all 19 thanks.

Where is /gameplay/xml/gameinfo/ CIV5Worlds.xml if you purchase the game in steam? I can't find any folders that is /gameplay/xml/gameinfo/ CIV5Worlds.xml...

Thanks!

My file is in C:->Programs(x86)-> steam -> steamapps -> common -> Sid Meiers Civilization V -> assets

This does not work for me, neither in single- nor in multiplayer. :(
When I choose a huge world size, the number of players is 12.

Ideas, anybody?

Edit: Nevermind. Seems like since BNW the file that must be changed is sid meier's civilization v\Assets\DLC\Expansion2\Gameplay\XML\GameInfo\CIV5Worlds.

It works finde now.

This does not work for me, neither in single- nor in multiplayer. :(
When I choose a huge world size, the number of players is 12.

Ideas, anybody?

Edit: Nevermind. Seems like since BNW the file that must be changed is sid meier's civilization v\Assets\DLC\Expansion2\Gameplay\XML\GameInfo\CIV5Worlds.

It works finde now.
EDIT: nvm, was able to edit it with "Wordpad."

I did the following: C:/Programs(x86)/steam/steamapps/common/Sid Meiers Civilization V/assets/DLC/Expansion2/Gameplay/XML/GameInfo/CIV5Worlds but then when I clicked on it, it took me to a document that I couldn't edit (please see the two attachments below, especially with the one with the red arrow).

Presumably, if I can edit the "12" to "43," I should be able to play as all 43 civs in the game, right? Didn't it work for you? I'd appreciate any help.

Attachments

• Screenshot (17934).png
    Screenshot (17934).png
    126 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot (17935).png
    Screenshot (17935).png
    128.8 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Top Bottom