How to switch civ in the middle of the game?

only sky

Chieftain
How to switch civ in the middle of the game?
for example, in the Mongol conquest scenario, I want to switch from Mongol to Japan after I have conquered much of Asia. I remember in the CIV 4 , you could do this by press shift+alt+Z, but I don't know where could i find such a function in the CIV 5. thanks very much!

There's no legitimiate way to switch nations in Civ 5.

As far as I know I don't thin kthere was one in Civ 4 except in the Rhye's and Fall of Civilization mod for Civ 4.

It's possible to do this in Hearts of Iron, and I remember a famous after-action report (like a let's play) where someone conquered all of Eurasia as Germany, and then switched to the US to defeat the monstrous Germany of his own creation. Sadly, can't be done in Civ, it could have been interesting to try doing that here.

Many (most?) Paradox games allow you switch nations/factions, when not playing Ironman.

IGE lets you take the player's seat, but you can't end the turn or take any action as that player. It's really a useless feature.

IGE lets you take the player's seat, but you can't end the turn or take any action as that player. It's really a useless feature.

It isn't what Only Sky is looking for, but I wouldn't call the feature useless. I have used it to give a unit to an AI civ. And for snooping, the feature allows you to see exactly what technologies an AI civ has.

Granted, I have rarely used the feature, and as you pointed out, it does not do what Only Sky would like.

Top Bottom