How to take screenshots of DS version

Tiigon

Chieftain
I've tried to find a way to take a screenshot of the DS version. It's much harder than taking a screenshot of a computer Civ game or PS3/X360 CivRev, but possible. Here's how to do it:

You need: Nintendo DS (Lite is recommended because of much better backlight), digital camera, an image editor program (I used GIMP)

1. Set your DS's backlight on if you have an original DS. If you have Lite, it won't matter. Turn all lights off in the room. The room should be rather dark. Start CivRev. Put DS on a table/something flat.

2. Set your camera's settings to:

Image mode MACRO (a must!)
Resolution MAX
Quality MAX

3. Now, for the picture. Take a photo of both of the screens separately. Try not to move your camera. Take photos until you get two good-quality ones, one of each screen.

4. Move the photos on your computer.

5. Resize the photos to 800x600 using a program such as GIMP. Save them as PNG/BMP.

6. Open two Paint windows. In the first one, set resolution to 1200x800. In the second one, open the top screen photo. Press Ctrl+A, and then Ctrl+C. Open the first window and press Ctrl+V.

7. Open the second window and open the bottom screen photo. Press Ctrl+A, and Ctrl+C. Open the first window. Scroll down as much as possible. Press Ctrl+V and drag the picture below the first one. If there's any white areas, fill them with black color. Save the picture as JPEG. Done!

The image size of my picture was only 180 kB and the quality was good. It should be visible in the gallery in a few days.

I hope this helped :)

Top Bottom