Huge North America Map - Always Same Spot?

Ok, thanks. I just opened the map up in world builder, I don't think I want to play this map anyhow. North America is ridiculously far west. It would take 10 turns or more to get to Europe from North America whereas South America can do it in like one or two turns.

Hopefully someone has made a better map.

One of these days Firaxis needs to hire a half-way decent mapmaker.

Yeah, this was the first major disappointment I had with the game, 5 minutes after installing it.

I found if you go into map mode in the world editor you can paint in the 'go to europe' tiles a little closer to the northeastern coast, which is certainly the way ships heading for England anyway would probably have gone.

Still, it's pretty lame that you need to do this at all. With such limited map options on release you think someone at Firaxis would have play tested this one a little better. The only halfway decent New World map in the game, and its guaranteed to boil down to the Battle of Brazil each and every single time. Despite the fact that its a 'huge' map, it's probably easier to control the seas on this one than any other. Sid Meier should be embarrassed to have his name on this. But then 2K probably owns the rights to his name, so maybe he's as upset as I am.

Ok, thanks. I just opened the map up in world builder, I don't think I want to play this map anyhow. North America is ridiculously far west. It would take 10 turns or more to get to Europe from North America whereas South America can do it in like one or two turns.

Hopefully someone has made a better map.

One of these days Firaxis needs to hire a half-way decent mapmaker.

In the Snoopy/Dale patchmod all the retail maps are redone to fit with the changes we've implemented (sea zone further in, random start locs, further apart, etc). They're much easier to play North America. :)

i would really like some random map options instead of just new world and carribean

Top Bottom