Hybrid Turns - Really Slow?

Gamgee

Chieftain
Anyone else getting this in multiplayer? Me and my friends are now getting slower turns than on the biggest largest battles in end game. Some turns can take as much as one minute to load and I used to have faster loading times.

Is this just hybrid mode? What are the benefits of hybrid? It seems to be slower and we all need to take our stuff sequentially. Is this a glitch?

I daresay multiplayer is ruined in this mode. I just hope the old style of turns works still.

Edit
I have a super beastly machine that used to run Civ 5 with no problems. GTX 670 SLI ect. It doubt its on my end. Could their less than amazing PC's be affecting it?

I actually never played multiplayer in BNW but all my friends who played it are all saying that multiplayer games have "a lot of glitches, takes forever to load a single turn." I'm not sure if this has to be related to hybrid mode, but I'm sure multiplayers are pretty in bad shape for now.

Yea this is just atrocious. It's supremely unplayable. Is there any word on a patch for this? It's just stupid.

What the hell happened to those "optimizations". They've made it worse in every way.

All of the games I've done are simultaneous, which isn't so bad in the early game...but once people get to the Industrial Era it starts slowing down a ton, but then again that could have been warmongering civs needing more time to micro their empire. Not really sure.

All of the games I've done are simultaneous, which isn't so bad in the early game...but once people get to the Industrial Era it starts slowing down a ton, but then again that could have been warmongering civs needing more time to micro their empire. Not really sure.

My experience as well, I'm back on simultaneous and its now playable. I had turns that were longer than the longest turns of simul in the first 10 turns. Completely unplayable. At least they didn't mess this up, if anything its even a little faster for us.

My experience as well, I'm back on simultaneous and its now playable. I had turns that were longer than the longest turns of simul in the first 10 turns. Completely unplayable. At least they didn't mess this up, if anything its even a little faster for us.

Hybrid, I think, is only really good when it's a duel map or 3-4 players, otherwise it's worth it to have to click-spam during warfare.

Top Bottom