I LOVE this game - just won my first online match

kikkomaniac

Chieftain
Hi all, new on this board, Danish player who have played the full game for one week now. After playing the demo I wa severly dissapointed by the "dumbed down" mehanics. I bougt it anyway being the huge civ fan that I am.

After having played this game, I can surely say. IT's almost perfect! The interface is slick, the graphix is cute and extremely detailed. however - there is no soundtrack which I really dont get. Only when you "mouse" over a indian village, artifact there's a little tune. actuelly its the african song we all know from civ IV

I lust ended a 3 hour online game which I won. I was lucky "enough" that one of the human players didnt pay attention to his first village - because after 12 turs or so there was an ingame message that barbarians had taken the english capital london. soon aften the player logged out of the game. Gotta say I laughed when that happened.

I had a good start og soon had 5 citys where one was a 30 pop mega, in the early game I found a spy in barbarian village which I used to steal a great person from the egyptians - priceless :) Knowing it was a human player just adds to the fun.

game ended when the last human player attacked me loosing a big portion of his attack force - I then launched a nuke and took out his biggest village 14 pop, then he logged out and I got the win - pure fun :)

im looking forward to play with you guys

Best regards
Kikkomaniac

I'm glad that the full game changed your bad impression of the demo. I had a similiar experience with Warcraft III. I played the demo and didn't like it. Bought the full game anyways and the first online matched I played and won. After that I loved the game.

Same to me, my b'day is soon, and I think I'm getting that for it. Waiting = >:[

glad you are enjoying it!

there is nothing more satisfying than stealing a great person and hearing them cry over the mic!

Top Bottom