Identifying if Owner of Plot is a specific Civilization

IanYuy

Chieftain
First and foremost, I'm going to state that I'm incredibly new to C++ (In the sense that I understand coding languages in general but don't know this one at all). For my mod, I needed to be able to prevent Barbarians from entering a specific civ's territory. After tracking down code from handicapinfos (that determines if the difficulty setting will allow Barbarians to enter the civ's territory), I found two pieces of code that, ultimately, references this and gave Barbarian units permission.

In CivTacticsAi there is:

Code:
void CvTacticalAI::FindTacticalTargets()
{
	int iI;
	CvPlot* pLoopPlot;
	CvTacticalTarget newTarget;
	bool bValidPlot;
	bool bEnemyDominatedPlot;
	CvPlayerTrade* pPlayerTrade = m_pPlayer->GetTrade();

// Clear out target list since we rebuild it each turn
	m_AllTargets.clear();

bool bBarbsAllowedYet = GC.getGame().getGameTurn() >= GC.getGame().GetBarbarianReleaseTurn();

for(iI = 0; iI < GC.getMap().numPlots(); iI++)
	{
		pLoopPlot = GC.getMap().plotByIndexUnchecked(iI);
		bValidPlot = false;

if(pLoopPlot->isVisible(m_pPlayer->getTeam()))
		{

if(!m_pPlayer->isBarbarian() || bBarbsAllowedYet)
				{
					bValidPlot = true;
				}

Etc, and then in CvUnit, there is

Code:
bool CvUnit::canMoveInto(const CvPlot& plot, byte bMoveFlags) const
{
	VALIDATE_OBJECT
	TeamTypes ePlotTeam;

if(atPlot(plot))
	{
		return false;
	}

// Cannot move around in unrevealed land freely
	if(!(bMoveFlags & MOVEFLAG_PRETEND_UNEMBARKED) && isNoRevealMap() && willRevealByMove(plot))
	{
		return false;
	}

// Barbarians have special restrictions early in the game
	if(isBarbarian() && (GC.getGame().getGameTurn() < GC.getGame().GetBarbarianReleaseTurn()) && (plot.isOwned()))
	{
		return false;
	}

Well, I knew what I wanted to do. I wanted to add another check in there. First, to detect who the owner of the targeted plot was, and if it was my civilization (and if the unit was a barbarian), to throw false, much like the check does for the EarliestBarbarianReleaseTurn setting.

I looked through the code and in posts and in the wiki to try and figure out the exact way to manipulate the variables to achieve this result. Again, I don't know C++, but I understand the concepts, so I put together this.

For CvTacticalAi, just before the bit that asks about bBarsbAllowedYet:
Code:
                        bool bOwnedByAlzadaal;
			pOwnerOfThisPlot = pLoopPlot->getOwner();
			if(strcmp(pOwnerOfThisPlot->getCivilizationInfo().GetType(), "CIVILIZATION_ALZADAAL") == 0)
			{
				bOwnedByAlzadaal = true;
			}	
			// Make sure I am not a barbarian who can not move into owned territory this early in the game
			if(!m_pPlayer->isBarbarian() && bOwnedByAlzadaal)
			{
				bValidPlot = false;

}
			else
			{
				if(!m_pPlayer->isBarbarian() || bBarbsAllowedYet)
				{
					bValidPlot = true;
				}
			}

And then this for CvUnit:

Code:
bool bIsOwnedByAlzadaal;
	pOwnerOfTargetPlot = plot.getOwner();
	if(strcmp(pOwnerOfTargetPlot->getCivilizationInfo().GetType(), "CIVILIZATION_ALZADAAL") == 0)
	{
		bIsOwnedByAlzadaal = true;
	}

if(isBarbarian() && bIsOwnedByAlzadaal)
	{
		return false;
	}

if(isBarbarian() && (GC.getGame().getGameTurn() < GC.getGame().GetBarbarianReleaseTurn()) && (plot.isOwned()))
	{
		return false;
	}

I thought I had did pretty good (it was a mess trying to figure out how to get both the plot owner and also check the civilization info for the name, I saw how to do one or the other, but not both). But, I realized thaaaat... Apparently, I'm pretty off.

I'm hoping I've made a simple mistake, since I don't know the specific of the languages, and the entire method isn't off. Can I get some guidance on what I'm doing wrong?

Top Bottom