I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry....

When I said this book is basic, I was praising it ;) That's what I need.

I done an entire site with php (for free, as a donation to a non profit org: http://www.adopteungatito.org/index.php) it takes the pics from a folder and names from a file and "assembles" the page so the org only needs to uplodad the new pics and names and the page is updated automatically. Also it uses a MySQL database to store the contacts. I'm proud of it, my php level appears to be better than I myself believe :lol:

Anyway. What I will try to do now is deal with python and xml to study the modding way. If you want, I could try a spanish translation for BUG (without limit dates :scared: :D)

I done an entire site with php (for free, as a donation to a non profit org: http://www.adopteungatito.org/index.php)

Kitties!!! Oh man, you're killing me, so cute! You just scored 58,382 points for donating your time and skills to help rescue cats.

Ahem, okay. Back to business. :D

Also it uses a MySQL database to store the contacts. I'm proud of it, my php level appears to be better than I myself believe :lol:

I'm sorry, but anyone that can use PHP to get data out of MySQL doesn't get to claim that their brain is dry! Give yourself credit where credit is due. That's a great website, even if you ignore the awesome cats.

As for XML, I linked to a good tutorial on XML that covers the basics in my BUG tutorial.

If you want, I could try a spanish translation for BUG (without limit dates :scared: :D)

That would be really awesome. My Spanish is . . . er, how do you say crappy in Spanish? :p I can get by conversationally if the other person speaks slowly, but I have very limited vocabulary, and I know none of the words that frequently appear in Civ. So I've been using Google Translate when I feel like it. I'm sure you've seen there's still plenty in English to boot. I would love to get a Spanish translator for BUG!

Don't worry about time, just send a translated file now and then and I'll push them into BUG. All of the text for translation is in the XML/Text folder. Just translate what's in <English>...</English> tags into the <Spanish>...</Spanish> tags below it. If you start to feel really bold I can walk you through using SVN so you can always work on the latest files. :)

Well, I love animals, almost all (I have a little trouble with cockroaches :D) but the cats (all the felines in fact) are my love.

Back to business. I tried merging the Argentina mod with Bug mod and I still have BUG and BAT working.... Argentina? well, we are still uin Southamerica :lol: I'm sure I done something wrong. Maybe I had to merge it with BAT, not BUG. Anyway, tomorrow I'll try it.

About translation, well, google translator is.... can we say crap? :lol: It translates words but the language structure is another thing....

What are the files with the text to translate?

BAT includes BUG. If you are playing BAT games, install the mod into BAT. If you want to use it without BAT but with BUG alone, you must install it into BUG. Yes, that's confusing, but BUG is included in many mods, and it works the same way there.

As for Google Translate, at least it gets some words right. I try to mix what's already translated in the game with what GT gives me.

All of the translation files have "GameText" in their names. They are ".xml" files and will all be in the Assets/XML/Text folder. There are a lot so best to tell me which part of the BUG interface most seriously needs better translations, and I can point you to the right file.

If you want, I could try a spanish translation for BUG (without limit dates :scared: :D)
Y BAT, por favor? :D

No pressure. Just hoping... :mischief:

:D

I merged Argentina mod with BUG mod (My documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\BUG Mod) but as I said, BUG yes, but Argentina no. And BAT is in My documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Mods\BAT Mod 2.1, so are different places. I will try merging Argentina mod with BAT, but I will reinstall BAT+BUG+BULL before because I'm afraid I broke something :shame: :D

I will try to translate BAT too, but I believed BAT is a graphic mod only, with no text... and I see now: 34 files! :crazyeye: :cry:

:lol:

To be clear, BAT contains both BUG and BULL. You only need to install BAT unless you want to be able to play BUG without the extra graphics from BAT.

Also, if you translate BUG, you'll be translating BAT (though BAT might have a few extras in a file, but right now it has the same files I think).

I know this, but I have this:

My documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Mods\BAT Mod 2.1

and

My documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\BUG Mod

I suppose everyone who has installed BAT with the .exe have this organization :D

When I see two folders, I think there are two .xml locations, but everything is in the same place.

My documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\BUG Mod

This is where your use settings go. You should be merging Argentina into the BAT Mod 2.1's Assets folder.

First I "merge" the mods on \BUG Mod :lol: This is what nothing happens.

Then I reinstalled BAT (just in case) and merged on the BAT Mod 2.1, I merge the .xlm... but i forgot to patch BAT to 2.1.1a....:hammer2: So I reinstalled BAT (just in case, again), patched and maybe one of this days I will merge it with Argentina mod :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: :lol:

BAT includes BUG. If you are playing BAT games, install the mod into BAT. If you want to use it without BAT but with BUG alone, you must install it into BUG. Yes, that's confusing, but BUG is included in many mods, and it works the same way there.

As for Google Translate, at least it gets some words right. I try to mix what's already translated in the game with what GT gives me.

All of the translation files have "GameText" in their names. They are ".xml" files and will all be in the Assets/XML/Text folder. There are a lot so best to tell me which part of the BUG interface most seriously needs better translations, and I can point you to the right file.

A question: only the files that have "GameText" in their names? It is because I opened Advanced Combat Odds Options.xml (the very first) and it is plenty of text. It even have <spanish> tags but with text in english. I assume this text needs to be translate too, dont you? :confused:

Every file in that Text folder is text for translation. I forgot that I started naming files without CIV4GameText in their names once I discovered it wasn't necessary. The ones name "xxx Options.xml" are shown on the BUG Options screen (ALT + CTRL + O). The other ones are for on-screen messages, popups, and advisors.

The one special one is "BugOptions.xml" (though I just renamed it to "BUG Options Screen.xml" IIRC). That contains the tabs, labels, and buttons on the options screen.

Top Bottom