In case you can't find the SDK update

Purple Viking

Chieftain
Open Steam Client

Go to Library > Tools > "Sid Meier's Civ 5 SDK Pack"

Quotes on install name are because I'm not sure what the exact wording is. But the available updates are listed alphabetically and the file DOES begin with SID MEIER'S...

Hope this helps someone. Maybe I'm just dumb :sad:

Slightly over the top with the description. Would you ask your mother if she were dumb if she couldn't find an "SDK update on steam"? If not then you probably shouldn't describe it that way in front of an audience here on the forums that includes people's mothers. If you do talk to your mother that way, then you need your mouth washed out with soap young man. :D

It does make me ask myself why they can't put it on the web to be more readily available. It's not like somebody pirate will want the SDK without the game.

It does make me ask myself why they can't put it on the web to be more readily available. It's not like somebody pirate will want the SDK without the game.

I agree. To me Steam is a lot like Apple. They like to have complete control over the product you purchased and force you to go through them for just about anything you want to do, even if the extras they offer are free. In a way I find it ironic that of all things they want to control the distrubtion of, it's an SDK.

I agree. To me Steam is a lot like Apple. They like to have complete control over the product you purchased and force you to go through them for just about anything you want to do, even if the extras they offer are free. In a way I find it ironic that of all things they want to control the distrubtion of, it's an SDK.

It allows it to stay a live platform. Just like CiV they can make sure the updates are quick and easy.

Top Bottom