Inca the best civ?

Pengui6668

Chieftain
I just got back into Civ5 after a long break and I used to be obsessed with Portugal. I re-discovered Inca, and I can't imagine how I played with anyone else. Sure, the slinger is sort of crappy, but terrace farms and the half maintenance on roads (I don't go out of my way to make all my roads on hills) is just too amazing to pass up.

Anyone else totally enamored with the Incans and can't seem to play anything else?

For me they are far too map dependent as I don't reroll. I also don't like how they are never coastal which means no cargo ships which IMO is better than terrace farms and caravans.

I dunno if I'm cheating, but I use the option for optimal start or whatever, so I'm always in the mountainous region. Also, my last 2 games I had coastal capitols, maybe I just got lucky.

Current game I'm dominating the seas (no england, but we do have polynesia) so I can't really complain. They're just such a science monster, and science is usually my main focus.

No, not really. Inca is just another civilization with its unique attributes.

Honestly, I've only played them three times. But each time I specifically remember thinking "Wow, why don't I play these guys more often, they're awesome".

But then I don't for some reason...

I actually really like the slingers too. You can position them right next to the enemy with little worry, the enemy will waste a potential attack on pushing them back rather than actually doing any damage to anything, and they can kite (move then fire) enemies in hilly terrain. Also, once you get to the great war era and upgrade them to machine guns... they're just great.

They really open up a lot of interesting tactics.

I found the golden road useful though because you can climb mountains and hills with 1 movement. This is useful when you have ranged units shooting a target.

"I actually really like the slingers too. You can position them right next to the enemy with little worry, the enemy will waste a potential attack on pushing them back rather than actually doing any damage to anything, and they can kite (move then fire) enemies in hilly terrain. Also, once you get to the great war era and upgrade them to machine guns... they're just great. "

This is until the scout that the enemy saved until the 1800s is able to push your bazookas off your great general, killing the general and pushing you back from their city...I've had this happen to me before btw.

Inca is in the top tier, but Babylon / Korea are even better.

Maya is probably up there with Venice as well. But Poland is without a doubt the "best" civ.

Upgraded slingers could easily get a good range offensive in a high terrrain land.

Top Bottom