Information era culture victory on deity too easy ?

crocivfanatic

Warlord
I was playing as brasil on deity with mayas as first neighbor and ethiopia and france on other side of continent.As it start with information era,you get ideology immediately.
So basically to win all you had to do is to have same ideology as your neighbor(maya in this case),and also that same neighbor need to have build great firewall which will basically cripple other civs tourism(but not yours as you will be his friend when you share ideology). Also when i first played in this settings(didnt made it with first attempt),noticed something funny:before Ethiopia was on freedom and France on autocracy,and they were constantly tie,one city was changing owner almost every turn but except that city there wasn't any change.In second game Ethiopia was also freedom but France was order that time,and thanks to that Ethiopia overrun France just like that.
In shortly what i want to say it seems how with starting in information era it's very easy to get cultural victory and maybe other types as well.

Well of course! Starting in the Information Era (or any era past Ancient, really) is basically the win button, ESPECIALLY on higher difficulties. It completely takes away the AI's giant head start on Deity, which is far more crucial to its play than the absurd bonuses it gets.

Long story short, yes, it's far too easy. But the devs know basically nobody starts after Ancient, and there's far more pressing matters to fix anyways; I would much rather have them spend time fixing, for example, the tall vs. wide balance and warmongering balance than spend time balancing late starts.

Top Bottom