Initial impressions from v95

HNation

You underestimate my power!
It looks awesome, so far, but a few things I noticed

Does Japan need to keep all foreigners away from their borders for the entire game? It seems they get 2 points per turn and need 1000 points, and they have 500 turns to play. Does this mean that if Japan has one turn with foreigners in their borders, they lose

Sejong complained that I was settling near him even though I settled only in Japan. I don't think it makes sense for him to complain about that, but I also don't know if that is something that can be altered, since it may be hardcoded behavior

Contact should probably not be lost so quickly and easily. I lost contact with China as Japan even though they were only 2 tiles away from me.

More to come...

indeed Japan has never been properly tested.
I am not even 100% sure that the counting of the tiles is working correctly.

The idea behind this historical goal is to force Japan out of the island in order to secure a buffer zone that will finally enable the beloved isolation.

And the fact that Koreans complain at Japan sounds quite realistic :lol:

indeed Japan has never been properly tested.
I am not even 100% sure that the counting of the tiles is working correctly.

The idea behind this historical goal is to force Japan out of the island in order to secure a buffer zone that will finally enable the beloved isolation.

And the fact that Koreans complain at Japan sounds quite realistic :lol:
But as far as I can tell, the way the historical goal works means that if you have even 1 turn with foreigners on the island, you will lose the game.

This week-end, I'll do a more proper thread about my first game that I played on Tuesday/Wednesday, but I'm pretty sure the AI complaining about your very reasonable settling habits is just Civ 5 AI being Civ 5 AI. I also got Korea to complain about my city building in the Chinese game I played, because I built the city of Chengdu. Notorious for bordering Korea, of course. (That got them the nice reward of being wiped off of the face of the earth long-term pacified)

Top Bottom