Interesting City-State name/glitch

shaglio

The Prince of Dorkness
I started a new game a couple nights ago. When I went to continue it last night, Steam downloaded the new patch. When I went off exploring a new continent, I came across a CS labelled "Oslo" but both the pop-up and the alert on the right side of the screen said, "Congratulations, you've discovered Quebec City." A couple turns later I came across a CS labelled "Copenhagen" but both the pop-up and the alert said, "Congratulations, you've discovered Sydney."

I can only assume this happened because Oslo and Copenhagen were already saved in the map script before the patch, and the pop-ups and alerts took place after the patch. I'll have to start a new game on a large map with all the CS's to make sure that it's not a permanent glitch. But, I thought it was a rather interesting situation for those of you keeping track of what those two CS's were changed to for the preperation of the Denmark DLC.

Oh, wait, those two cities are probably in the DLC so were patched out and replaced

Edit: never mind, I just checked the game files and they're still Copenhagen and Oslo

Oslo and Copenhagen were replaced with Quebec City and Sydney, but for savegame compatibility, only the text translations themselves were changed; the internal keynames still say OSLO and COPENHAGEN. If you start a new game that includes them, the cities will have the new names.

Regarding the Russians: What is with the Yaroslavl'? The apostraphe is so...annoying. Also noticed that, was like "Sydney? This is new."

Yeah, Copenhagen and Oslo have been replaced. Apparently their music has not, which is a bit unfortunate. I don't think it's possible to mod City-State music either.

Top Bottom