Is it even possible to have Montezuma as a friend/ally?

black213

Emperor
From what I've experienced, he always looks like he is "Friendly" but in fact is just deceptive and hates me for no reason what so ever. I've never had a DOF with him either.
Are there any other experiences about him? Like making a DOF with him?

I had Monty as my best friend ever many times, only thing that can screw it up is if you're too close to him.

Otherwise, he asks you to attack that guy, you accept and you'll be friends forever.

I've had had Monty as a DOF many times. Ironically, he's often the first to ask me for one.

As long as Monty is far away from you; he's fairly easy to be in friendly relations with (he cares less about war mongling & wonder building than other civs). But I still wouldn't recommend him as a DOF since he'll hate his neighbors, which if you DOF him would cause his neighbors to hate you.

This though is rule #1 in Civ V: Your neighboring AIs always hate you; when they show friendly they are only pretending.

This though is rule #1 in Civ V: Your neighboring AIs always hate you; when they show friendly they are only pretending.

That's certainly a wise rule of thumb, though I just won a OCC DOW-less deity pangaea game where Washington, the points leader, was my only border buddy. Turns out I got to rescue one of his workers from the clutches of a barbarian brute, and Georgie loved me the rest of the game.

One time Monty and I started adjacent. We had an early war in which I took a city from him, but then everyone around me DOW'd me so I peace'd out as soon as he offered. Eventually, the same people went to war with him, and he and I became friends of necessity, even making a DOF. We basically fought the entire world at once back to back until everyone else had been wiped out and it was just him and me. Predictably, he declared war on the next turn, and I managed to win only because I made a surgical strike on his capital.

That's certainly a wise rule of thumb, though I just won a OCC DOW-less deity pangaea game where Washington, the points leader, was my only border buddy. Turns out I got to rescue one of his workers from the clutches of a barbarian brute, and Georgie loved me the rest of the game.

A DOW-less Pangea on Deity? Pics, or it didn't happen :D

Nah, seriously, good stuff, I envy you. My last Deity game which I won with science as Spain was also DOW-less (I am not going to count the DOW 3 turns before my spaceship was launched:lol:) but that was on a small continents map and therefore less border pushing.

I had Monty as my best friend ever many times, only thing that can screw it up is if you're too close to him.

Otherwise, he asks you to attack that guy, you accept and you'll be friends forever.

This.

Top Bottom