Is there a RFCE map for multiplayer?

shadowzoid

Chieftain
I'm looking for a map that is to RFCE what Earth18civ is to RFC (Essentially a RFCE map with no stability factor). Does that exist? I'm going to use it in a multiplayer game

This map isn't realy good for a vanilla game. It has many new resources and terrain features. You can leave those out, but then you have a very bare map. You need to create a mod for this map to work properly.

Also, do you want the vanilla civs playable on the map, or also the custom civs (like Bulgaria)? And do you want the custom tech-tree or the vanilla one?

Wow, so we got from "our map is seriourly destorted in quite a few areas" to the point where they want to use our Europe elsewhere too
I have to say it feels good :D
Good job for everyone who helped in the map!

Wow, so we got from "our map is seriourly destorted in quite a few areas" to the point where they want to use our Europe elsewhere too
I have to say it feels good :D
Good job for everyone who helped in the map!

Honestly that's how I found this mod! I liked RFC a lot but I was trying to make basically what he is trying to make, and this looked like a good map to me (most maps have way too much in Africa, Persia, and Russia and make it impossible to balance because of it).

that's a bummer. I've sort of converted my entire dorm floor in college to Civ4, and now we just spend our time playing large MP games on earth18civ. It'd be cool if we could do a Europe scenario...

I'd like to make a RFCE MP map work, but I'm afraid I have no experience in programming or modding, and I'm way too busy with schoolwork to learn right now =(. Does anyone know of any decent MP europe maps, even if it isn't close to RFCE?

Btw, it's not that hard to take the RFCE map and change it to something suitable for multiplayer games with BtS
You can only use vanilla civs of course, and have to remove all the RFCE specific things from the actual map tiles too (like preplaced cities and units, non vanilla resources and tile/feature types, etc.)

Check the tutorials for Civ IV maps, it's actually much easier than it looks
Everything will make sense after you start editing the RFCE file
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=135669
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=374496&highlight=map

Honestly, something like this, but with all mod features would be great, if possible.

Top Bottom