Is there a way to take screenshots of the game?

Two possibilities:

1. Exit SMACX, then paste the screenshot into your graphics program, or
2. Add the following line to the [Alpha Centauri] section of your Alpha Centauri.ini file:

Directdraw=0

Now you should be able to paste your screenshot even without exiting the game. Adding that line also will cause the game to run at your system's native resolution. However, the line doesn't work on some systems.

Well the problem is when i print screen, exit and paste in paint, i get mostly black space with red lines for base grids....

Use the Windows key to tab out while the game is running and paste the screeny into whatever - it'll look wrong, but once you exit the game it'll look right. It's something about how the game handles colors.

I've noticed my screenies take a slight quality hit if I boot GIMP after SMAC(X). That's probably something to do with how GIMP works, (the first version of GIMP I used to have couldn't handle SMAX screenshots at all), but word to the wise.

Well...i can get a screenshot, but the colors look weird. Like they are all washed out or something. Forests look like patches of black for examples

Top Bottom