Total benefits of 2 Trait:
1 beaker/1 gold/1 culture per city
25% wonder building
1 gold per 4 gold tile
1 food per 3 food tile
combat 1 to melee
No anarchy when changing civics.
-------------------------------------------
Is that reasonable? or does it seem overpowered?

Basically the UU is a melee unit that has potential to become an archery unit and the total trait benefits are gimped versions of a combination of other traits.

So if both of this were on one civilization would it be overwhelming or is it balanced?

Well, I'm no expert on this, but I would assume that this would quite comfortably allow Prince players to beat Emperor AI.

So, :think: yes.

It's overpowered. :)

The UU would be a super quechua indeed, but it would basically be the demise of the AI trying to defend it self ( no acess to CG and Guerilla promos ). Good for AI stompimg, horrible for AI use

The trait ... well, I'll just say it is better than 3 regular traits ;)

Total benefits of 2 Trait:
1 beaker/1 gold/1 culture per city
25% wonder building
1 gold per 4 gold tile
1 food per 3 food tile
combat raider 1 to melee
No anarchy when changing civics.
These traits mean:
* No need to build monuments, etc. in new cities; they'll get a culture pop in 10 rounds.
* Early game expansion is easier thanks to the free gold.
* Every farmed grass tile is basically a floodplains minus the health penalty.
* Every farmed food source is worth even more food.
* And of course, you get the biggest benefit of Spiritual.

Also, did you mean "city raider 1" or "combat 1"? Combat 1 for melee/gunpowder units is the primary reason to go Aggressive (discount on barracks is mostly important for rushes IMO, not that that should be ignored). Giving City Raider 1 to melee units would be kinda weird since Combat 1 is a prereq.

Generally speaking this feels unfocused; a set of traits that don't encourage you to play any particular style, but instead make any style you try for significantly more powerful. The only encouragement towards a particular style is in granting city raider 1 to your melee units, which would mean you'd want to try to take over as many cities as possible before melee becomes obsolete.

These traits mean:
* No need to build monuments, etc. in new cities; they'll get a culture pop in 10 rounds.
* Early game expansion is easier thanks to the free gold.
* Every farmed grass tile is basically a floodplains minus the health penalty.
* Every farmed food source is worth even more food.
* And of course, you get the biggest benefit of Spiritual.

Also, did you mean "city raider 1" or "combat 1"? Combat 1 for melee/gunpowder units is the primary reason to go Aggressive (discount on barracks is mostly important for rushes IMO, not that that should be ignored). Giving City Raider 1 to melee units would be kinda weird since Combat 1 is a prereq.

Generally speaking this feels unfocused; a set of traits that don't encourage you to play any particular style, but instead make any style you try for significantly more powerful. The only encouragement towards a particular style is in granting city raider 1 to your melee units, which would mean you'd want to try to take over as many cities as possible before melee becomes obsolete.

Combat 1 (I cant believe I wrote raider instead of a plain "1") and it is designed to be unfocused.

Lets take away the no anarchy part, would it be balanced then? I thought the other bonuses dont really figure as much when they are not accompanied with building production speed bonuses.
as much when you compare.

I dont really see how much of a factor 1 gold per turn is considering there are not that many of 4 gold/commerce resources outside of WBing many of them to your location

As for the other bonuses,I was thinking the absence of building production bonuses balances them out. Sure you get an early bonus but that is all negated by the time of the medieval ages (even classical ages) where other civs have access to other buildings faster and are therefore at a better position to not only outtech you or outproduce you at those eras.

Or am I wrong to assume a restricted food bonus is not that much of a big deal?

Top Bottom