Issues setting up the mod (very late to the party!)

El_Cid

Chieftain
Hi anyone still here :)

I have recently discovered this mod after many many years of quite enjoying the original Final Frontier mod. This sounds like the perfect upgrade to try out.

However i've tried a few options like using the smaller exe updater that should work as i have the original Final Frontier installed and then the full standalone install files that includes everything and copying that into the Beyond the Sword/Mods folder etc.

Nothing so far has worked. The exe installer errors out with a '...Mods/Final Frontier Plus' not present error (so before it even can start to install). I've tried creating the install path by pointing at where everything should be, but it does not help.

I've taken the complete pack that includes these folders within it's main 'Final Frontier Plus' folder:

Assets
CvGameCoreDLL
Info
PrivateMaps
PublicMaps
Resource
UserSettings

And files:

Final Frontier Plus (config file)
Final Frontier (config file)
FinalFrontierIcon
Patch 1.81 Changelog
Patch 1.82 Changelog
Readme

I also have the 1.84 patch files that includes these folders:

Assets
CvGameCoreDLL

And files:
CHANGELOG
CREDITS
README

All of the patch i overwrote into the respective folders. And all these are in my main games path:

E:\GOG Games\Civilization IV Complete\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Final Frontier Plus

So when i launch Civ4 and go to Advanced>load a mod i can see 'Final Frontier Plus' and can launch it, BUT no planets show on the map and i get an error message that there is a problem in lines 8 and 9 of Final Frontier Plus\Assets\Config\Final Frontier Plus.xml which is this:

Code:
<events modue="FinalFrontierEvents" class="FinalFrontierEvents"/>
<gameutils module="FinalFrontierGameUtils" class="FFGameUtils" override="True"/>

It must be some kind of pathing issue but that file itself does not really give me any indication, and actually the file is exactly the same as it is in the original Final Frontier game and that works fine and loads all the planet graphics etc?

I'm fairly decent with mods (run mods often and helped make a few myself etc) but this issue has evaded my ability to resolve so far. Any idea's? I think it must be due to my install path and some file somewhere not being set up to take that into account, if so which file should i be looking at to edit?

Thanks in advance :)

Line 8 should contain the word "module" instead of "modue", i.e. you should have
Code:
    <events module="FinalFrontierEvents" class="FinalFrontierEvents"/>
    <gameutils module="FinalFrontierGameUtils" class="FFGameUtils" override="True"/>

Does it work after you change that?

Sorry that was my typo! I copied the text 'by hand' as it is on another PC to my laptop i posted on the forum with. The 'L' key is a bit iffy! So yes it is all as you said it should be like (and it is exactly the same in the original mod as well, so not sure why i get this specific error on running the Final Frontier Plus version?

I've looked over the files and all the folders are present where i think they should be (as listed above), i've compared all the stuff inside the folders, and for example i do have all the textures in Assets>Art>Terrain>Features>SolarSystem (all exactly as it is in the orginal mod) so no idea why all the planets are missing on the game map when the game has launched. I see the rotations (the moving dotted lines of the orbits) just no actual planets are displayed and the only error message i get is the one reported.

The exact error message is:

BugConfig - failure parsing E:\GOG Games\Civilization IV Complete\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Final Frontier Plus\Assets\Config\Final Frontier Plus.xml in line 8

And then a repeat of that 'in line 9'.

Then i get the faction info readout and when i click to clear that no planets are visable, just the background and moving dotted orbits?

I wonder if this mod has been built with Steam in mind, some kind of pathing file is not working with the GOG installation? I'm not sure what file might need adjusting (and i've looked through a bunch!).

In short i think the files are all there and where they should be (to be able to see it as a mod launch option from BTS) but some file within the mod is probably looking for a Steam installed version and directing the game to the wrong place for a GOG install. Maybe?

I don't have a GOG version of Civ4 so I can't check if that is the problem. Can you upload the whole Final Frontier Plus.xml file, i.e. attach it to your post just to be sure that it looks okay.

You can also go to your Beyond the Sword folder and open _Civ4Config and then find HidePythonExceptions and LoggingEnabled and set them to
Code:
HidePythonExceptions = 0
and
Code:
LoggingEnabled = 1
if they are not already so.

This might give you additional information because additional error pop-up might appear when you try to play the game and some logs should be recorded in Beyond the Sword\_Civ4Logs folder which might contain additional info (you can see by the time those files are last modified if they are relevant to your last game).

Top Bottom