It >IS< a bug! (Capture the Princess)

ferganam

Chieftain
The princess will not move even with the capturing unit. When they move, she stays in place, even though she is captured and wearing my colors. Neither will the treasures move, and they have no need to be "captured".

A unit has to pick up the Princess or Treasure. This is NOT a bug.

There should be a Seize Relic button when you choose a military ground unit that is in the same tile as the Princess/Treasure. It will look like the one that I have highlighted in this screenshot:

Ferganem, before we get into an is / is not argument, could you post a screen shot of your unit being in the same square as the princess with colours and everyting, but not moving? Perhaps a before and after clipping? Also, do you have a save game that exhibits this behaviour?

That is the whole problem: that button doesn't show up! I moved over a dozen different combat units on and off the square with the princess several times. The button outlined in red in the above screen shot never shows up, no matter what I do.

I captured the city once and couldn't move her, then reloaded and razed the city, with no change. The only time the princess did move was after a city razing and subsequent peace treaty when the princess' original civ told me to get out. She moved automatically with my troops, but then just as before, could not be moved from her spot.

Looking further through the forums, I saw a thread called "Capture the Princess don't work" that has the exact same problem I experienced, and none of the solutions suggested there worked for me either.

I would post a screenshot, but I gave up on that game already and don't have any saves from it. Suffice to say, I tried everything I could to fix the problem before coming here, including reinstalling the whole game.

Thanks for the help, though :)

Do you have the advanced buttons on?

I do. I get a whole host of other buttons that were not available in the base version. But not that one. There may be others that I am unaware of, too, since I have not tried playing all of the features of Conquests yet.

Is there a hotkey for the capture action? I couldn't find it in the book anywhere.

This is a bug!

I was able to recreate it by just choosing a random game and the Capture the Princess option. I fooled with a bunch of other things and it seems in a normal game of CTP you can't move your princess. The bug is that it allows you to capture an enemy princess, thereby making it yours (and it can no longer be moved).

I made a mod where you can capture your own princess and it seemed to work normally (except that you can now move your princess).

Belay that!

That mod won't work either. Doing that allows you to earn points for 'returning' your princess to you capital.

That's probably why moving your own Princess isn't allowed. That would be a huge exploit. You could win the game quickly by moving your Princess in and out of your Capitol.

Multiple times a turn ;)

lol, I just knew I wasn't nuts. Well, not that nuts anyway..... I am glad you found out what is wrong, but how can it be fixed? Any ideas? Thanks :)

I don't think it can be fixed except by the developers :(

Top Bottom