It's a French world :)

zoltandober

Chieftain
Hey guys,

I'm new to Civfanatics, and I've found the whole website EXTREMELY useful. I also started to read the different stories and such in the forum sections. As such, I decided to make my own.

I am using a Mod called Earth 35 Civs and I'm using the French. I tried to make the whole writing as realistic as possible. Suggestions are welcome ;)

1080 A.D​

During ancient times, the French were a warrior race. From the years before Christ's coming to our world the French had eradicated the Iberian scum that dared to called themselves a nation. They're way of life hath been totally shattered under the heels of our glorious forces! They are but a part of our grand kingdom. Three centuries hence, the roman "legions" as they did call themselves also stood no chance to our grand armies. We received assistance from our Carthaginian neighbors, whom we do respect greatly. Yet now, we have frightened our adjacents to the west and north. The German barbarians outnumber us 3 to 2. The British have a navy far more vast than our own. Our Carthaginian friends do not wish to mingle with the German forces. Our greatest hope are these Viking sailors. The Byzantine dogs with their heathen orthodox religion would rather see us fall before their German brethren. Our Voodoo forces will conquer for our deities! Far more east, Russian nomads see us as a nuisance but would rather see the downfall of the Germanic tribes than our own forces. Yet we must not trust these one god heretics.

Good story so far. If you want more views and post put some pictures, and maybe place it in the Strategy and Tips section. Take out England and Germany then make Russia Egypt and Carthage Capitulate.

Thanks for the comment dude. I'm gonna put a continuation up right now. we're gonna skip ahead like 500 years, and I got a picture too :D

The German armies on land were a formidable opponent. Our voodoo kings were able to rally our troops in huge quantities to fight these worthy opponents. It was during this time that France finally had a worthy adversary. In the beginning, battles were being lost at forts along Eastern France by fort Zurich and fort Brussels. Yet the Germans had one disadvantage: they could not replace the soldiers they had lost as quick as we did. They were fighting two wars: one against us, and one against the Russians to the east. Munich was the first city to fall, to Russian hands. Soon Hamburg near Paris came under voodoo control. Cologne would soon be liberated by our troops. Cologne was a key strategic city. Located in the Carpathian basin facing out towards the Adriatic sea, it had mines as well as a large amount of serfs making it a powerful city to possess. Berlin fell in 1551. This marks the end of German Independence.

1551 A.D​

The knights, pikemen and heavy footmen of the French have taken the grand German city. Although insurrections would persist for the next 50 or so years, Germans would become dominated by French culture.

Attachments

• France 1551 paint.bmp
    428 KB · Views: 109
Byzantine Conflict​

Adrianople - 1570
Antioch - 1580
Nicae - 1600
Nicomedia - 1650

The western half of the Byzantine Empire was to be the part of France while the eastern half was swallowed up by the Malinese voodoo forces. The Byzantine military had the same troubles as the Germans. Two wars, not enough troops.

It was during the second half of the 17th century that explorations into the Americas resulted in the encountering of hostile natives. Natives whom until modern times paid no respect to France and her acquaintances.

After the Byzantine conflict had ended, the ethnics groups within the Empire protested for a change in Paris. The French, like many nations, were ruled by a King, and were expected to be loyal to him. However the cities and peoples of places such as Hungary, Castillo and Rome wanted a more representative government.

In 1725 the Grand revolution occurred. Cologne was the first to proclaim it endorses a representative measure, followed by Madrid, Hamburg and soon all the cities except Paris. Parisian supporters for the measure rose up in arms against the King at his palace, and were successful in capturing him. King Louis X was to be executed on April 11th, at the Place de Victoire. Ironically, the Place de Victoire was named after King Phillipe "The Victor" III. Nevertheless, a republic was proclaimed and at the head of it, Henry Pierre became the Prime Minister of France.

Because the new government was to be hereby a republic, the people wanted the nation to be renamed. The Republic was to not be France, rather the European Union. The House passed the Unionization Act in 1736 on August 10th, a day still celebrated in the Union today.

In 1758, Henry Pierre steps down and a German native, Wilhelm Augsburgen becomes the new Prime Minister. Prime ministers were either to die in office, be impeached, or leave on their own accord. Pierre died of unknown reasons, most probably of cancer of the lungs due to his addiction to tobacco. During the administration of Wilhelm, tensions began to rise between Russian and Unionist people. Merchants began to complain that Russians would charge too much for tariffs, and the people whom they used to conduct business with now want cheaper prices.

Another add for worry was a religious issue. Before 1725, purgings of all non-voodoo practices were common all around central and eastern Europe under the French officials of the time. Most of these practices and religions were orthodox. Likewise, many fled to Russia, an orthodox country, to complain about the vile acts the French had committed against their people.

The Russians declared war in 1773, however were unprepared for the might of the Armies that were present in Eastern Europe during that time.

Munich - 1775
Novgorod - 1788
Moscow - 1812
Frankfurt - 1815
Mauryan - 1833

In 1785 the Russian army launched a counterattack against the recent capture of Munich. The battle was close, however the victors were the Unionists. Their victory showed the importance technological superiority would play in the upcoming centuries.

Novgorod was more eastward then Munich, south of Moscow. The capture of Novgorod meant that the Russian Nation was split in half. One half to join the union, and the other half to join Mali.

The battle of Moscow is one of those epic battles that were to be thought in history books. Not only did the it signify the demise of the Russian Empire, but the determination and courage of the European Union.

Frankfurt was an interesting city. 1/3 of the inhabitants were viking. They viewed the capture of the city from Russian Forces a liberation. This was the most peaceful part of the whole conflict.

Mauryan was likewise like Frankfurt a peaceful process. There were however, very bad uprisings of Korean inhabitants. This is why Frankfurt was viewed as much more peaceful than Mauryan.

Attachments

• The Russian Conflict - beginning.jpg
    The Russian Conflict - beginning.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 104
HA! You don't have to post such tiny pictures! It looks like we're losing a lot of the details. Images of 700 or so pixels wide are probably optimal. Just crop out the black stuff next time. Also steer clear of the .bmp files.

Sounds like you've really got a handful there! Are the other cities besides Frankfurt all hard to manage, or is it just Mauryan?

Thx for the suggestion, if not .bmp, what type should I use?

Frankfurt really wasn't a problem "I believe" because I had always kept the Vikings close and kinda helped them behind the scenes against England. Mauryan was weird. The thing I don't quite understand is how or why the Koreans got there. I do know the Koreans and Russians had some wars which means the city was probably under temporary control so when the Russians were finally whipped off, there were like (what?) 0.01% Unionists in the city soooooo I don't blame them for rebelling. Anyway, I tried to keep as true to the political thought of the era as I could so Mauryan will not be given to Korean control until like, the mid 19th century. I used my AP Euro textbook to help me out :p LOVE that class anywaaaayyy. THANK YOU so much for replying you just egged me on to continue! (I'm around 1940, be patient, we'll get there :p I took extensive notes and went into even more detail!)

Use jpg.
When you open the file with MS paint click file > save as > type in the name.. blah blah. And on filetype select jpg/jpeg :)
ALWAYS share pictures online with jpg NOT bmp...

1791​

Ignacio Bericill is named the new Prime Minister of the Union. It was with his new military agenda that the Russian Conflict was able to be resolved so rapidly. The Term of Bericill can be described as a surge in economic development. Most improvements around Russia had been destroyed, and so they had to be rebuilt and reorganized. This task was laborious and demanded most of the Union's resources to be achieved.

After Ignacio resigned his position in 1830, Gregory Gyarmati of Cologne became the new Prime Minister. Gyarmati was a very strong Federalist, and pushed for increased military production in order to preserve the Union. Although indirectly, we now know that he was talking about the Kazakhs. The Kazakhs disliked Unionist advances into Russian territory and showed unkindly behavior towards the presence of Unionist forces. This historical distaste of each others' presence will continue all the way into the 20th century, when the Great War breaks out. We can say for certain that Gyarmati's administration helped promote the European Union as a Global Power worth reckoning with.

Gyarmati stepped down 26 years into his administration to be followed by Simon Bourdeguarauy of Lyons. He himself was a Federalist like Gyarmati, but because of his French upbringing, was more focused on English rather than Kazakh threats. The English though weakened by Ethiopian and Viking raids, were yet to be eradicated. Bourdeguarauy declared war in the name of the Union in 1859.

English Conflict​
(1859-1872)​

Two years into the war, on the other side of Europe, Constantinople formally decided to align itself with the Unionists. Constantinople was captured by Malinese forces during the Byzantine conflict but was teaming with Unionist immigrants from areas such as Greece, Romania and Bulgaria.

Back in England, Unionist forces landed in Britain at Wessex in 1863. Until that date, naval battles had occurred in order to provide the Europeans with a swift and safe method of transportation to and from England for military purposes. After several years of almost guerrilla-like warfare, London was captured in 1871. Shortly after, the English admitted defeat. In and around London, riots against the new government were happening in extraordinary numbers. It is estimated that over half a million Englishmen lost their lives during the 15 years of turmoil.

In 1880, Mikhael Julichenko replaces the French Federalist. Julichenko, a Russian Republican, was also quite afraid of any Kazakh presence in his homeland. Unlike Gyarmati, he pushed for technological as well as social reform. He managed to found new universities throughout Europe and to increase literacy within the nation. And, on March 15th, 1885, Mikhael freed all the serfs within the Union's borders. Mikhael also managed to sign defensive pacts with several neighbors.
  • Ethiopians
  • Egyptians
  • Vikings
The Ethiopians who were located in East Africa as well as Ireland and Scotland, were long time allies with France, and as it is now, the European Union.

The Egyptians were in North East Africa, and would act as a buffer if the Arabs (who have grown increasingly wary of us) happen to attack.

The Vikings remained in Scandinavia, but were of course close to the Kazakhs geographically.

However much he was loved by his people, Julichenko was assassinated at a dinner party in 1895 by a former landlord who had lost countless dollars due to Mikhael's emancipation of the serfs.

Top Bottom