[GS] June 2019 Patch notes discussion

Ziad, I was using the Civ 6 Huge-Continent map to make some additions. Only changes made was additional resources. The map already had several flood plains. I tried twice to create map using Civ 6 maps and noticed the flooding does not occur on the edited map.
I think you have to explicitly set a tile as being a flood plain to trigger flooding.

I think you have to explicitly set a tile as being a flood plain to trigger flooding.
You can set coastal lowland for WB maps, but not "floodable flood plains", ATM the game can't assign rivers ID on WB maps and that's required for the flooding mechanism.

YnAMP is using custom map script instead of WB format, which allows my mod to assign rivers ID "manually" for the flooding mechanism (with still an issue of a few rivers with two names on different sections in very specific cases, in my "to fix" list)

Hope the Developers are aware of this shortfall / error when using WorldBuilder and make the river names and flooding workable.
You can set coastal lowland for WB maps, but not "floodable flood plains", ATM the game can't assign rivers ID on WB maps and that's required for the flooding mechanism.

YnAMP is using custom map script instead of WB format, which allows my mod to assign rivers ID "manually" for the flooding mechanism (with still an issue of a few rivers with two names on different sections in very specific cases, in my "to fix" list)

I've seen it reported a few times, yes.

I played only one game, yet not finished, since the june update, so it's too early to be sure about the flaws I noticed, but I'd like to know if other players came across the same things :

I was playing one difficulty below usual, (immortal instead of deity / demi-God),
but it seemed like the first time in 1500 hours that I'm leading in science from the very beginning. Is AI slower / less prone to build campuses? Maybe it's because I was playing against non-science civs? (England, India, Mali, Spain, Rome) or maybe because I'm used to play on Large maps?

The second bad thing I noticed is that the AI was much slower to build walls. There still was almost none around t200! (epic speed) which seems really late compared to my previous games. Too bad I was playing as Canada and didn't want to go to war.

The new diplomatic system is better, but it's really lacking of options to see / influence / guess what the AI will vote.

Totally unrelated, but Im really struggling to use mods, even the updated ones. I often can't load anymore my games, 3 files are always missing when I verify the integrity on steam, my logs report Text/localization problems, and when I disable all mods, delete cache, mods.sql, etc,.. and I still can't load the game :(
Only solution I found is to delete every files on the 3 data folders, disable the two expansions, re-verify,... Anyone coming in those kind of issues?

I played only one game, yet not finished, since the june update, so it's too early to be sure about the flaws I noticed, but I'd like to know if other players came across the same things :

I was playing one difficulty below usual, (immortal instead of deity / demi-God),
but it seemed like the first time in 1500 hours that I'm leading in science from the very beginning. Is AI slower / less prone to build campuses? Maybe it's because I was playing against non-science civs? (England, India, Mali, Spain, Rome) or maybe because I'm used to play on Large maps?

The second bad thing I noticed is that the AI was much slower to build walls. There still was almost none around t200! (epic speed) which seems really late compared to my previous games. Too bad I was playing as Canada and didn't want to go to war.

The new diplomatic system is better, but it's really lacking of options to see / influence / guess what the AI will vote.

Totally unrelated, but Im really struggling to use mods, even the updated ones. I often can't load anymore my games, 3 files are always missing when I verify the integrity on steam, my logs report Text/localization problems, and when I disable all mods, delete cache, mods.sql, etc,.. and I still can't load the game :(
Only solution I found is to delete every files on the 3 data folders, disable the two expansions, re-verify,... Anyone coming in those kind of issues?

Post your list of mods.
Some mods needs to be removed, even if they are deactived.

What does your logs say btw?
Startup.log
Moddding.log
Gamecore.log
Database.log

Please fix emergencies. The AI builds nothing but aid projects for the entire time in all cities, severely limiting their science and culture progression. Deity AIs can compete even less with a human player now. While at the same time it ruins diplo victories because you need an absurd amount of gold in order to win those emergencies. It's overall just bad for the game.
Other than that, I really like the patch.

And also please fix trading.
I want to buy coal. Australia has 211 units. I'm offered 1 unit for 19 gold. I'm also offered 5 units for 468 gold. Or I can go through the rigmarole of buying 1 coal at a time, five times in a row in the same turn and trading session, paying 19 gold every time, for the grand total of 95 gold for 5 coal. What, in the name of Hermes and/or Mercury, is so essentially different between parting five times with one unit of resource at a time and five units of resource at once, that it warrants the difference of 373 gold?

I have yet to finish a post patch game. I'm trying to make peace with Victoria, she was unwilling. So I take her capital. She's willing to cede her capital, but I don't actually want it. So when I right click her capital cede, it comes up on my side to return along with giving her gold and some great works. Which obviously is out of the question. Why is this happening? Very annoying. I don't want her city, I only took it to force peace. I simply won't give her the city and gold and great works.

So when I right click her capital cede, it comes up on my side to return along with giving her gold and some great works. Which obviously is out of the question. Why is this happening? Very annoying. I don't want her city, I only took it to force peace. I simply won't give her the city and gold and great works.
Those great works are, apparently, in London, so you return them with the city as a package, so to speak. It now shows what resources you're transferring with the city, including luxuries and strategic. Gold? What gold, gpt, lump sum? Try to remove it?

I had Genghis Khan absolutely refuse to make peace last night, even after I'd captured all his cities except his capital and had that under siege, offering to return all the cities and even pay him. There were no circumstances under which he'd accept peace. Annoyed with the situation, I took his capital and had to deal with the grievances of everyone else for wiping him out. Is this refusal to make peace even when threatened with extinction new with the June patch?

I have yet to finish a post patch game. I'm trying to make peace with Victoria, she was unwilling. So I take her capital. She's willing to cede her capital, but I don't actually want it. So when I right click her capital cede, it comes up on my side to return along with giving her gold and some great works. Which obviously is out of the question. Why is this happening? Very annoying. I don't want her city, I only took it to force peace. I simply won't give her the city and gold and great works.

Just made peace then gift it back to her the following turn.

Those great works are, apparently, in London, so you return them with the city as a package, so to speak. It now shows what resources you're transferring with the city, including luxuries and strategic. Gold? What gold, gpt, lump sum? Try to remove it?

Yeah only after I had accepted the cede did I realize it had great works in it. That makes sense those would be returned with the city. I am pretty sure there was gold involved too, but can't remember exactly what. I ended up accepting the cede.

I tried to trade it back to her, but it didn't want to go into the trade column (my own cities were tradeable). I thought it would loyalty flip, but for some reason I seemed to have really good loyalty on it which was also strange. Yeah it wasn't far from my lands, but it was in between 2 of her older cities.

Yeah, civ original capitals can never be traded. Conquered or loyalty are the only ways they can change ownership. I suppose Firetuner would work also. :scan:

Top Bottom