Last Days Of Empire

Dadais

King
Emperor Phillipe died, and his son Prince Hubert's Cruauty divide the country, letting Woodmen to rebel against him, while the Prime Minister fled to his fief and the Legions, Led by Kern no longuer listen to the Crown.
In the mean time, Archbishop refuses to make Hubert Emperor, making him forbid the One's faith ... until when ?
One forbidden cult is the Blood one. Reda leads her sergeants to paint the world in Red.
Red is also Looters and Raiders weapon's colour after their assult on shores.
Although, other dangers lies in dark and under sun, harrasing the Old divided Empire.

Downloads :

1- Beta : no more linked
2- 1.1 : Hosted in CivFanatics .zip file

Screenshots :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Objectives :

-Main Objective :
Most common way to play this scenarii is to Unify again the empire with Hubert. I guess it shall be a hardly impossible task, still I'm confident in pro-civ players around.
You have five Years to achieve as much as possible that Goal (60 turns)

-Minor Objective :
You may play as any other civ there, eating Hubert's lores.
It shall be easier, helped by barbarian, although controlling your own borders shoudn't be a long soft way.

Futur Developments :
1-Screenshots there
2-Coming DLs
3-Adding Sounds to heroes
4-Corrections:
5-Propose City names
6-Readme file

To come-Alternatives games

Thanks for those of you giving me that Idea, and All others proposing so cool graphs.
Those are truly artists of valor !

This scenarii is far from perfect, I shall work on it for a while.
I guess I shall propose a first beta soon, before being within few days be satisfied with the Beast.

Huberts' Challenge is open soon !

Good luck all

/Edith: S... ! Bad section ! :cry:
Sorry :wallbash:

/Edith: S... ! Bad section ! :cry:
Sorry :wallbash:

Actually no, this is the right section if you want some support for scenario creation! ;)

Both sections serve tje same purpose, but the Scen League is more active!

Looks nice, I will give it a go this weekend, promise.
It's been hectic at work lately and such.

the Challange is to win as Loyals.

I'm afraid of it beeing too chaotic, or too hard.

(My problem beeing they're sooo strong civ players here in compare with me ^^)

The basic idea behind this scen is interesting and potentially very challenging. Playing a civ under Despotism against 6 civs whose governments range from Monarchy to Democracy and with Barbarians set to bloodthirsty Raging Hordes should be a daunting proposition for anyone.

Unfortunately, IMHO, as it stands, this scen is not ready for beta testing and requires more work. Here are the major problems I encountered.

1. Misuse of the ScenarioLoaded trigger makes the scen unstable. It took me a while to figure out why inexplicable things were happening - like multiple units created by events when there should have been none. Here’s what the TOT manual says about it:

“ScenarioLoaded: When a scenario is first loaded, this trigger is activated. Note that this trigger only works with one action: PlayCDTrack. Any other use will cause unpredictable results.”

All events that use ScenarioLoaded need to be rewritten

2. The scen is unnecessarily difficult to play because two key files, Description and Pedia, are in French. Similarly, some or all of the items in technologies, city improvements and wonders have acquired new English names, many of which (e.g. Attrition Center (Stock Exchange), Old Codex Studies (Research Lab), Clothing Art (Leonardo's Workshop), Pottery Export (Hoover Dam)) give no indication whatsoever of their function. All they do is make the scen harder to play. I finally replaced all technologies, improvements and wonders with their vanilla TOT English equivalents.

Why not simply use vanilla TOT names? Also, English versions of Pedia and Describe are readily available so that all descriptions are not in French.

3. Accessing the Pedia entries for Factory and Power Plant causes the scen colors to go crazy and one has to exit TOT to restore them to normal.

4. Pollution should be eliminated from the scen. Disease units (nukes) and large cities create a lot of pollution, making global warming inevitable. Despotism has such low food production that its cities can afford neither less productive food squares nor the feeding of peasants to clean up the pollution.

5. Please change the Treefolk color to a much lighter green. At present, their cities are almost invisible in the forest.

Finally, I think that at least some of the Prince Hubie’s ragtag empire can survive despite him being an absolute first class moronic despot.:stupid:

Oops! Told ya I don't do mornings.

The basic idea behind this scen is interesting and potentially very challenging. Playing a civ under Despotism against 6 civs whose governments range from Monarchy to Democracy and with Barbarians set to bloodthirsty Raging Hordes should be a daunting proposition for anyone.

Unfortunately, IMHO, as it stands, this scen is not ready for beta testing and requires more work. Here are the major problems I encountered.
First, thanks for according me your experiment extern point of view to some looser noob.

1. Misuse of the ScenarioLoaded trigger makes the scen unstable. It took me a while to figure out why inexplicable things were happening - like multiple units created by events when there should have been none. Here’s what the TOT manual says about it:

“ScenarioLoaded: When a scenario is first loaded, this trigger is activated. Note that this trigger only works with one action: PlayCDTrack. Any other use will cause unpredictable results.”

All events that use ScenarioLoaded need to be rewritten
Rhaaa ! Not expert using Macro, looks like the change from MGE to TOT hasn't helped. Plus, I haven't seen that while lonely playtesting. :mad:

2. The scen is unnecessarily difficult to play because two key files, Description and Pedia, are in French. Similarly, some or all of the items in technologies, city improvements and wonders have acquired new English names, many of which (e.g. Attrition Center (Stock Exchange), Old Codex Studies (Research Lab), Clothing Art (Leonardo's Workshop), Pottery Export (Hoover Dam)) give no indication whatsoever of their function. All they do is make the scen harder to play. I finally replaced all technologies, improvements and wonders with their vanilla TOT English equivalents.

Why not simply use vanilla TOT names? Also, English versions of Pedia and Describe are readily available so that all descriptions are not in French.
Woops. French problem there. Second on the todo list.
Havn't notice that too, as i prefer to use my mothertongue in my machine. Second red card, second stuff on todo list.
3. Accessing the Pedia entries for Factory and Power Plant causes the scen colors to go crazy and one has to exit TOT to restore them to normal.
I guess some picture shall be changed too.

4. Pollution should be eliminated from the scen. Disease units (nukes) and large cities create a lot of pollution, making global warming inevitable. Despotism has such low food production that its cities can afford neither less productive food squares nor the feeding of peasants to clean up the pollution.
Ok.
5. Please change the Treefolk color to a much lighter green. At present, their cities are almost invisible in the forest.
Understood.

Finally, I think that at least some of the Prince Hubie’s ragtag empire can survive despite him being an absolute first class moronic despot.:stupid:

Again, much thanks

GAME est encore en français. ;)

Argh, I just realized Wonders' effect changed their position in the rules.txt.

How could it have come to this ? :cry:

I have finished the first 10 turns of the scen. Here’s a summary of the main events:

Turn 1 Change cities so all will switch from disorder to order on Turn 2.
Sell improvements for 3700 gold.
Select the cities that either cannot or will not be defended.
Income/Cost/Treasury = 0/160/4075

Turn 2 Lose 2 cities. Capture Loinpic.
Sell improvements for 460 gold.
Rush build (RB) 24 Swordsmen (SM).
Income/Cost/Treasury = 248/115/1964

Turn 3 Lose 4 cities.
Income/Cost/Treasury = 215/110/1702

Turn 4 Carrack sinks Longboat+3 Pirates. After battle, carrack looks like carwreck.:D
RB 4 SM and 2 Squires
Income/Cost/Treasury = 228/110/1165

Turn 5 1000 gold found in 3 ruins.
RB 7 SM.
Income/Cost/Treasury = 228/110/1165

Turn 6 250 gold found in a ruin.
RB 10 SM.
Income/Cost/Treasury = 216/110/572

Turn 7 Beefval recaptured from Barbs. No tech gained.
750 gold found in 2 ruins
RB 9 SM.
Income/Cost/Treasury = 223/110/546

Turn 8 500 gold found in a ruin.
RB 3 SM.
Income/Cost/Treasury = 204/110/790

Turn 9 500 gold found in a ruin. No more ruins.:cry:
RB 5 SM.
Income/Cost/Treasury = 199/110/1386

Turn 10 58 SM active
Income/Cost/Treasury = 198/110/1468
=================================================

So far, thanks to a topnotch defense, Idiot Hubie's mob has lost only one spearman and the defensive situation looks stable. There is enough gold on hand to RB replacement units as needed and a positive cash flow of ~100 gold/turn.

However, what the hell am I supposed to do next????

I can either sit and play a static defence – not difficult, but boring and pointless – or start trying to recapture Hubie's lost empire with the prospect of slow and very limited success at best.

The way the scen is structured, moving a force of 5-10 units into position to attack an enemy city is a very slow and boring procedure. Without stackable terrain, and with hostiles everywhere, the only prudent way is to move along roads with peasants (engineers with road movement of 3) moving 2 squares and then building a fortress that is immediately occupied by the fighting units. So the attack stack moves at 2 squares/turn.

Actual road building is very high-risk job for peasants who have to work without fortress protection.

What is the east-west dimension of the map supposed to be - 500, 2000, 5000 or X000 km? Respectively, these correspond to 10, 40, 100 and X000/50 km per square. As even a slow-moving bunch of footsloggers should be able to march 100 km in a week, either the 1 year/turn is much too long or movement rates are snail-like. Monthly turns and at least double movement rates would help to make the scen at least a bit interesting.

When it comes to Science, Hubie's empire has no choice whatsoever. To keep the peasants happy, Luxuries have to be at least 50%. The lowest practical Taxes is 30%; anything lower results in negative cash flow. Consequently, the highest Science is 20%, or a new tech in 27 turns. The only way Hubie's boys can gain more than 1 or 2 techs is by conquest.

Quite frankly, I don't see any point in continuing my game past Turn 10. I'm pretty sure that Hubie's rump empire will survive – but, so what? IMHO the scen needs a challenging and achievable goal.

Other comments:

Deer, Sheep, Moose and Fish are the same in both singular and plural
Royal Guards, Orage or Orange Lions in RULES?

There are 2 of the following event, one after the other in the EVENTS file. Intentional?

@IF
TurnInterval
interval=6
@THEN
CreateUnit
owner=Federalists
unit=Orage Lions
Count=2
veteran=No
homecity=[None]
Randomize
locations
endlocations
@ENDIF

In the interest of giving players some information about how everybody is doing, you could use spies to establish Loyal embassies with all civs. Communication between the Loyals and other civs would remain impossible but players could get casualty information for everybody.

BTW: The link to your 7zip download is actually a site peddling PDF readers.:confused:

I answered from the bottom to the top, finishing with the impressive analysis you made. :goodjob:
Headache here, so minor use of computer today.
I have finished the first 10 turns of the scen.
(.summary.)
However, what the hell am I supposed to do next????

I can either sit and play a static defence – not difficult, but boring and pointless – or start trying to recapture Hubie's lost empire with the prospect of slow and very limited success at best.

The way the scen is structured, moving a force of 5-10 units into position to attack an enemy city is a very slow and boring procedure. Without stackable terrain, and with hostiles everywhere, the only prudent way is to move along roads with peasants (engineers with road movement of 3) moving 2 squares and then building a fortress that is immediately occupied by the fighting units. So the attack stack moves at 2 squares/turn.

Actual road building is very high-risk job for peasants who have to work without fortress protection.

What is the east-west dimension of the map supposed to be - 500, 2000, 5000 or X000 km? Respectively, these correspond to 10, 40, 100 and X000/50 km per square. As even a slow-moving bunch of footsloggers should be able to march 100 km in a week, either the 1 year/turn is much too long or movement rates are snail-like. Monthly turns and at least double movement rates would help to make the scen at least a bit interesting.

When it comes to Science, Hubie's empire has no choice whatsoever. To keep the peasants happy, Luxuries have to be at least 50%. The lowest practical Taxes is 30%; anything lower results in negative cash flow. Consequently, the highest Science is 20%, or a new tech in 27 turns. The only way Hubie's boys can gain more than 1 or 2 techs is by conquest.

Quite frankly, I don't see any point in continuing my game past Turn 10. I'm pretty sure that Hubie's rump empire will survive – but, so what? IMHO the scen needs a challenging and achievable goal.
So, the main problem seems to be the conquests difficulties, caused by units slowness and the too few existing fortress. (For time, I thought I put it to a month/turn. Another failure here :wallbash:)

Isn't changing units move-points to make them faster a problem for pixers units
(which was what i feared there) ?

I also guess reading you (and with my own Xp playing it) that the map and hubert's ennemies are too big for the format of the game, and Hubert too ready to defend at the begining.
Deer, Sheep, Moose and Fish are the same in both singular and plural
Royal Guards, Orage or Orange Lions in RULES?
For plural, what a f***ing shame ! :eek:

Orage is the French for Storm, but I just realize such a named kingdom should have been in the east, not there. So, stupid stuff.
There are 2 of the following event, one after the other in the EVENTS file. Intentional?
(.event.)
Not at all ... digging my death-home :eek:
In the interest of giving players some information about how everybody is doing, you could use spies to establish Loyal embassies with all civs. Communication between the Loyals and other civs would remain impossible but players could get casualty information for everybody.
In my thoughts, the Prime minister was the last one having contact with all others, from his past position. Anyway, I've done a mistake with Wonders (marco polo) I still don't figure, and your objection is much true. Heavy Fail on my side there. :sad:

BTW: The link to your 7zip download is actually a site peddling PDF readers.:confused:
Link shall vanish with a little edit anyway, I took the first hosting site as I'm not mastering the download database here.
An error that shall be avoid in futur.

To finish, again and again, much thanks. You're some of wonderfull !

Top Bottom