Localization

Aiwnn

Chieftain
Hello, I would like to ask a question. I came across Turkish translations of the game on the internet, but I didn't consider them reliable and didn't want to download them to my computer. Using the Steam Workshop seemed more trustworthy to me. Later, I started downloading and using this translation from a source that I believed to be reliable. Then the idea came to my mind to create a localization from scratch and add it to the Steam Workshop. I prepared a translation just like the ones in other translations and the topic in this link. However, I couldn't upload it to the Steam Workshop like this. I needed a .modinfo file, and even after extensive research, I still couldn't figure out what to do. I came across a forum post titled ".modinfo tutorial," but it was far beyond my level of understanding. All I need is to update the LocalizationDatabase_Data.sql file in the game and load the file named Vanilla_tr_TR.xml into the text assets. But I truly couldn't figure out what to do. Can you please help me?

Translate topic link

and there is how my .modinfo file look like :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <Mod id="xxx" version="1"> <Properties> <Name>Türkçe Yama Aracı</Name> <Description>Bu yama ayarlardaki dil sekmesine Türkçe'yi ekler ve oyunu Türkçe oynamanızı sağlar. Resmi çeviri değildir.</Description> <Created>1689430062</Created> <Teaser>Bu yama ayarlardaki dil sekmesine Türkçe'yi ekler ve oyunu Türkçe oynamanızı sağlar. Resmi çeviri değildir.</Teaser> <Authors>Aiwnn</Authors> <CompatibleVersions>1.2,2.0</CompatibleVersions> </Properties> <UpdateDatabase> <Items> <File>LocalizationDatabase_Data.sql</File> </Items> </UpdateDatabase> <ImportFiles> <Items> <File>Vanilla_tr_TR.xml</File> </Items> </ImportFiles> <Files> <File>LocalizationDatabase_Data.sql</File> <File>Vanilla_tr_TR.xml</File> </Files> </Mod>

I'm not particularly familiar with localization, but looking at the .modinfo you'd got there, you need to replace the xxx in the line below with an actual GUID. This is just a code used to have unique id's for each mod. Having the same mod id causes only the first one to load, as I recall, with any others after that not loaded at all. I'm not 100% sure but I'd expect not having an appropriate format to be confusing the game, causing it to drop the data.

<Mod id="xxx" version="1">

You can generate a random GUID at this site:

I like to keep mine upper case, though I don't know they're really required to be. Click the "Generate some GUIDs!" button a few times, copy the GUID it makes, and replace the xxx in your .modinfo file with that. Make sure to keep the quote marks around it. Hopefully, that'd do it for you.

Top Bottom