Looking for modders to work with on a Light Overhaul Project

Thibaulthc

Prince
C.L.O.P: Community Light Overhaul Project

Hello dear Civ players and modders,
My name's Thibault, I'm a 33 y.o. poker player who's enjoying the Civilization series since the first one
I only played 300h on the 6th till now, and a little bit less than 2000h on Civ V. Playing on Immortal or Deity on the two ast versions.
I'm a french-speaking Belgian, so there might be many gramatical faults, my apologizes, I'm doing my best

I'd like to unite different players and modders from Civ6 to adress the biggest problems in Civ6 balance and lack of content, without deeply changing the game mechanics, neither adding tons of new stuff. Main first goal is a better balance, especially in the Tall vs Wide strategies (I'm a wide player but it's far too easy now)
I'm not a modder, at all, but I'm a fast learner and I think that team-working on that kind of projects may lead to nice results.

I'll give you a first glance on my basic ideas:

UI:
cqui is near perfect imo; I just hate the fact that you may very easily buy a tile in the City View by accident.

Religion:
There's an annoying problem with the religious lense where you can't see how many citizens are religious in non-dominated cities
Also, the pressure from other cities isn't clear at all and you can't see the pressure from a religion that has no followers yet
I only played once for the RV, so I'm not to much aware of the problems in this area

Maybe religious units shouldn't make loose that much pressure of their own religion when killed by a Military Unit
There is a bug with Aposles promotions once you reached a certain number of them
Defender of the Faith and Crusader is clearly OP and should be halved

Units:
I'm using MOAR Units and I think it's awesome
The only thing I'd like to adress there is the Range units Line: everybody hates the one-tile range of the Machine Guns,
so it has been changed to 2. I think that another solution is to replace the MG by a new Mortar unit
and create a new line of MG units, with a one-tile range, with stronger melee defense and maybe some kind of fear-effect on the adjacen ennemies
Ranged units melee power is a bit too high, and should be lowered by 2-4 points.
Carriers get +2 slots when put together in corps and +5 in armies; they get experience from Aircrafts operating from them
Airplanes on Patrol may double their range...that's a bit weird
Biplanes should require oil
Submarines: I really don't like the subarines being able to attack cities and, worse, land units; submarines from Civ V with a attack bonus, attacking only naval units, and
being less powerfull in melee were much better

Promotions:
Not much to change,
maybe a third Tier I promotion for more different units

District cost-scaling:
Currently the cost scales with the number of Completed Techs/100 (or civics/67, the higher)
I think that it should ALSO scale with the number of already built districts in your empire

Speciality District Buildings:
That's the part where I would like to implement the most changes
Tier I buildings would be unchanged, giving a fix amount of yield and GPP

Tier II buildings should be population related only: a university, museum or factory in a 3pop city shouldn't be as efficient as in a 20pop city

Factory: 0.7 prod /pop, no regional effect, no workshop prerequisite
University: 0.5 science /pop
Museum: 0.5 culture/pop,
no amphi needed
Bank: 1 gold /pop, no market needed
Temples: 0.5 faith/ pop, +1 faith / follower

Tier III buildings are boosting the already existing yields and have a regional effect
Lab: +10% in this city, regional effect with Computers?, require university
Broadcoast Tower: +10% culture, 9 tiles regional effect, no prerequisite
Power Plant: +7% production, 6-tiles regional effect, no prerequisite
StockMarket: +15% god in this city, regional effect?, require bank

Harbor:
Lighthouse: +1 mov for every naval unit 6 tiles away
Fish Market: replace the current lighthouse

City Center:
Sewer: +3housings, a bit cheaper to build but more expensive to maintain
Walls: remove the previous walls prerequisite. Change the production cost to make Medieval and renaissance walls more expensive,
but halved when the previous walls are present

Campement:
make the production bonus resource-related:
barracks: +1 prod/iron
stables: +1 prod /horse
armory: +2 prod /niter
military school: +4 prod / oil

Neighborhood:
Police Station: +1 amenity, 4gold to maintain, halves the rebellion Coup chances from Spies
projects:
-Favellas: +4 housings, -3 amenities, -1 appeal for surounding tiles
-Luxuous hood: -3 housings +4 amenities, as long as there is more housings than citizens; require charming tile

Entertainement Center:
unchanged?

Aqueduc:
food bonus on adjacent tiles and/or farms, or growth bonus

Aerodrome:
tourism bonus when an Airport is constructed only would make more sense; add a fix tourism bonus to the Airport

some new buildings in those districts would be very welcome; here are some ideas:

Center: National Wonder: Secret Agency: grants one more level of visibility with other civs, one more spy, and one promotion for spies produced here
Hospital: +10% growth, -5 gold
Campus: Observatory: +6 science, require mountain within two tiles
Commercial Hub: Trading Company: +3 gold for every foreign route; +3 gold for every Trading Post in the city
Theatre: Agora: +1 culture per friendly civilizations
Industrial Zone: HydroElectric Plant: +6 prod; require a mountain AND a lake adjacent to IZ
Solar Power Plant: +6 prod, require desert within two tiles
All power Plants mutually exclusive
Harbor: Defense Towers: acts like a campement but only on naval units
Campement: Training Camps: Units produced here get two promotions; -5 prod for land units
Aerodrome: /
Holy Site: /
Entertermaint: National Wonder: Olympic Stadium, +1 amenity / 10 pop in friendly cities in a 6-tiles range; regional effect

Experience:
It is very unclear which units get which bonuses; I think the former CiV V method was better, giving xp when you produce a unit
in a city with Barracks and so on; but this is no more necessary with the corps and armies system (corps keep the most experienced unit's XP)
Or maybe there is a way to show the XP bonus on each unit?

Spies:
Secret Agency (NW)
New mission in foreign city center: poison water (req Chemistry, chances halved by hospital): kills 15% pop, very high diplomatic malus

Diplomacy:

There's mostly no advantage being nice and friendly with other civs, apart from the fact of getting better trade deals
Dynamic Diplomacy responds to that by adding a bonus for each Civilisation you are friends with; it's a very good idea
unfortunatelly, last games I played with that mod, there were some bugs, mostly regarding the warmonger penalties not being applied to some civs for no apparent reasons
But I love the idea.

We really need to be able to wage people to go to war or make peace again, and especially to join in a war;

Techs costs:
I find it very frustrating how long it is to discover the first techs and how fast it is for the later ones
And it's also ridiculous to need 400 years to discover pottery and 6 months for aviation
I would scale tech costs with the era, making the Ancient techs a bit cheaper and the Modern+ ones cost more
I usually play on epic speed to enjoy every eras and units, but playing wide, the later techs are going way to fast
Some mods slightly reduce the Eureka bonus

Well, that's a very first and personal point of view..
My primary goal with this post is to see if anybody is interested in discussing the changes and then maybe work together.

Top Bottom