Looking for PitBoss games - and a request

syndicatedragon

Warlord
Looking for PitBoss games here is kind of frustrating. They are in such high demand that they can literally fill up in hours, which makes it difficult for people with normal lives who can't check the forums 24/7 to get in on the action. :) I wish I could start my own, but I don't have a computer to dedicate to the task.

I wonder if it would be helpful to have a directory of available players - maybe that isn't workable, but maybe someone else has an idea that would be. Something that would let people know when a new game was available, aside from checking the forums every few hours.

Also, I have a small request for the PitBoss thread creators - please change your subject line when your games are full, or when there are spots available. Most creators do update their message body as people join, and that is greatly appreciated. Updating the subject would be great, too. :)

Thanks

I don't think thread creators can change thread titles, only mods can do that.

Igloo is right. We can, however, name our threads obviously.

Recruiting: Fosse-Go-Round Pitboss game

and when it's full, start a new thread:

Fosse-Go-Round -- Game Progress.

The first thread will fall of the front page. Honestly, most games seem to generate little forum talk since players tend to get email addresses and Civstats access. But I've tried to sign up for a few games that were already open for the same reasons. :)

This gives me an idea for a new feature for CivStats - a way for players to register that they are looking to join new Pitboss games. The directory could be used for admins looking for replacement players as well as people looking to start a new Pitboss game.

I will have to think about how it would work, but I'll add it to my list. ;)

Top Bottom