Make it stop, make it stop, Oh please, make it stop!

morchuflex

Emperor
Hello.

Am I the only one to be annoyed by the fact that, whenever you move a military unit towards a tile already containing a native or a rival European unit, you get a popup window asking wether you want to declare war? This is awfully tedious. I am an adult; I know when I want to declare war. I am fed up with having to say "no" a gazillion times. Why isn't there an option such as "No, and please don't ask me again", as there is for other types of reminders? :cry:
Same thing applies to Civ4, BTW... :rolleyes:

There are two functions tied to rightclick, attack and move. If you could eliminate it from the menu, you'll never be able to attack again...
Other games have two different orders for attack and for move, which makes the game less intuitive.

A solution would be the condition to declare war first (via diplomacy screen) and attack later.

There are two functions tied to rightclick, attack and move. If you could eliminate it from the menu, you'll never be able to attack again...
A solution would be the condition to declare war first (via diplomacy screen) and attack later.
You mentionned the solution yourself. :)
It is especially annoying for me because I'm a typical "peaceful builder" player. I almost never go to war against anyone, unless provoked. So, it is extremely irritating to be constantly asked wether I want to declare war.
Once again, why isn't there a "No, and stop bugging me" option?

Use the Go to function.

Press 'G' and select where to move.
I wasn't aware this would make a difference, but it does. Thanks. :)
Still, it takes longer than just right-clicking the destination. I really wish I could permanently disable the "declare war?" question. :(

A bit different subject, but goes in the same direction...

Why every time i want to train a unit with the natives the Diplo screen has to pop up ? There is no relevant diplomatic interaction (There is none at all in this game, as i see it) and i already expressed my will to Live a while with the natives for training by clicking the "Live with Natives for Training" button. So why do i have to confirm it in a pointless dialog, that does not have any usefullness/relevance ? It does not even tell me how long it will take...

A bit different subject, but goes in the same direction...

Why every time i want to train a unit with the natives the Diplo screen has to pop up ? There is no relevant diplomatic interaction (There is none at all in this game, as i see it) and i already expressed my will to Live a while with the natives for training by clicking the "Live with Natives for Training" button. So why do i have to confirm it in a pointless dialog, that does not have any usefullness/relevance ? It does not even tell me how long it will take...

Good point! It gets very irritating after a while, and you just hit the same button again and again.

I'll have to try to go to function. However, for those times I forget it, I wish there was an easy keyboard shortcut y/n to say yes/no to fighting. It's odd that the go to function would circumvent this while num keys do not. I'm pretty sure they do not.

Also: I don't know why I read this thread; the title does almost nothing to describe the issue.

Also: I don't know why I read this thread; the title does almost nothing to describe the issue.
I apologize for any inconvenience. I was so frustrated that I felt the urge to cry very loud before I could explain my grievances... :)

I agree it is beyond merely annoy, and just incrediably frustrating. I accidently declared war during the WOI and I said screw it I'll just wipe out the Apache rather than have to say no I won't declare war on them a dozen times a turn. (2 Apache units mixed in with two stacks of King's soldiers).

Hey, no peaceful coexistance! Your job is to drive everything to the sea, and then drive the English off your shores. What's all this "don't want to delcare war" stuff? Seek and destroy. Sorry to sound overly hawkish, but it does get some needed agression out.

The computer don't know when you want to attack, so i askes every time...

When i want to attack, i will let the computer know. In the meantime he better be silent, or i might feel the urge to use my "PC-Emergency-iHammer"... :trouble:

I want it to be like in Civ4 where they only asked you for a DoW if you didn't have open borders with them. I don't know why they had to make it worse for Col.

YES. Agreed. If you have open borders with European colonies, it shouldn't prompt that.

What would be the equivalent for Indians, though? Defensive pact?

For Natives the Boarders are meaningles, so i thing there shouldn't be a prompt by default.

If i want to attack i will declare war first (the second before the attack of course :lol:)

I think the problem here is that you aren't at war with them already.

The game obviously wants you to attack them!

OH man when you see those big piles of treasure heading through your turf in the early game mmmmm screw any consequences WAR TIME BABY

Top Bottom