Making a new civ but on test wont load textures

MisguidedColt88

Chieftain
K, so Ive been trying to make the "Gerou Civilization" with the leader "Gonharias II" by taking someone Else's mod and making all the desired changes. I took the Scottish civilization but when i get to opening the menu of civilizations i get the following errors...

"Unable to load texture [MC_Scotland_128(Gerou).dds"
"Unable to load texture [MC_Scotland_64(Gerou).dds"

When i try to load it on "advanced setup i get these error twice...

"Unable to load texture [MC_Scotland_64(Gerou).dds"

There's also the minor issue that is shows up as: "Gonharias II - Scotland" and not "Gonharias II - Gerou" Ive searched for the cause of this but i could not find it. I may have made noob mistakes as this is only the second time Ive tried making a mod and the first time i failed miserably.

Its not letting me attach the zipped file to the document either. I try to upload it and the page is turning to a giant "Server timed out" so ill try attaching it again later...

whoward69's zip your mods and attach tutorial.

Check these tutorials to see if you find your mistake(s)
  1. whoward69's what ModBuddy setting for what file types tutorial
  2. whoward69's DDS Texture (Image File) Creation and Usage for Beginners
  3. FramedArchitect's Icon and Screen Pixel Dimension Reference tutorial
  4. Making a custom Leader use Custom Music! (by Leugi) (edited later) Ooops, sorry, you probably won't need this one. These few links are direct-copied from some boiler-platey stuff I have where I put together a list of some tutorials.
Also there are these:
  1. whoward69's enable error logging tutorial
  2. Common Novice-Modder Mistakes (by LeeS)
  • Whoward's tutorial for error logging shows you how to activate an essential tool for debugging of broken mods. Just bear in mind the error logs will only report problems with XML / SQL / lua code -- they will not tell you the problem you have with the settings you used when you created an art file, however.
  • Also check through the ModBuddy Operation part of my guide/tutorial shown last on the list. Though the tutorial/guide is a bit WIP at the moment, it does cover a lot of common mistakes made in terms of Modbuddy settings and procedures.

At a guess, you've not set VFS=true for the DDS files.

I'd also remove the brackets from the file names, as those may cause weird errors.

Are we sure Civ can handle parantheses in filenames?

Okay, so I'm not getting the error anymore but there still quite a few problems with graphics:

-Game crashes on DOM and my DOM image doesn't load
-Have to go to advanced setup to load my civ because i cant scroll down on regular setup screen.
-Unique unit and building don't show up on setup screen (only question mark that says "unknown" when you hover over it)
-Trait description doesn't show up

I'm still trying to attach the mod

(i just noticed that when your attaching files it says that the max file-size to attach is 10mb. my mod when zipped is 23mb...)

Top Bottom