making an apocalyptic mod.

As I do more and more and progress through this process. My later stuff will look less and less like fallout. But as for now fallout is the main style, eventual I'll get to more of a steampunk look and too a futuristic sci-fi look.

If any one knows how to rig unit meshes to a civ 5 skeleton and you want help out pls pls contact me.
I have quite a few new unit meshes that need rigging. From creatures to vehicles and if some one is willing to do this for me I can post the unit meshes I need rigged up, plus I can get a lot more wasn't even looking for these ones I just came across them randomly and liked em.

If you want more steam punk vehicles help me out pls.
If you know a good spot for me to learn how to do this help me out pls, point me in the right direction.
I haven't started trying to rig unit meshes yet, I'll probably figure it out, but I'm unfamiliar with skeletons and animations as of right now.

I can do the xml and sql work but I may need some help with the lua's when the time comes. In not great at those. Actually that's a understatement I'm terrible it's a foreign language to me. But I can sorta reverse engineer lua people have done and change them and combine them to soot my needs so I'm not completely lost on it I just can't right them from scratch and don't know where or how to start.
But the coding part of this is way off from where I'm at now I'm still in the very early stages of graphics development.

I have a good starting spot for my city graphics set.
there were some failures, mistakes were made and things were learned.
the way the city meshes are placed is weird.
Spoiler pictures of the failures :

upload_2022-6-11_18-27-18.jpeg
upload_2022-6-11_18-27-18.jpeg

it doesnt just place it based by model it does it by mesh as well. when it goes to place the model in the city it places a random mesh from the model not the whole thing so each city building has to be one mesh. but learning this offers a whole new opportunity to add more variety with in its placement.
the downside is each building must be 1 mesh which will make the dds very hard and complex. i might remove some meshes.

for example above it should place the fire with the brahmin above it but instead it places a fire by itself and next time it goes to place that model from the gr2 it picks another random mesh like the lone floating brahmin and the lone standing stick it sits on. the stick might be to small to see in the pictures.

So the pictures above are super wrong and bad due to that.

this is just a starting point for the city sets. with this i can see how the models are spawning and whatnot. really just a proof of concept at this point.

i learned the ones i thought would spawn the least seem to spawn the most and the ones i thought would spawn a lot spawn very few haha.

so the model pictures i posted of the combined meshes and the city growth are successful as a proof of concept but they are exactly the opposite of what i wanted placement wise lol.
its not until the city is at it largest do you even get to see my scrap buildings and all buildings are overlapping combined with all having the same dds are making them nearly impossible to see.

i noticed the outhouse and fire spawn way to often way, way to often. i just need to swap models and meshes around to get something more ideal and resize a few things.

after i make some city set templates to work out of later on, ill get back to making more ruins.
maybe ill go back and forth on doing ruins and city sets idk.

Sorry I havent posted anymore progress.
I've been busy the last few days and I'll be busy a few more setting up a modern/semi-retro gaming PC for my brother.
It all has to be done for him and tweaked he won't do it himself lol.
It's been a drag installing my 4tb game collection in there I forgot how long it takes and how much of a grind it is lol.

But in a few more days I'll be back at it creating more models.

Since i haven't anything new to post i will post some more old stuff ive done that i might use in this mod

Angel from civ beyond earth
i got it here
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1552364163

i made it a custom fx trigger having 3 different attack effects

this one was quite hard to capture in a picture. sorry it is not better
Spoiler Melee attack :

upload_2022-6-22_2-36-24.jpeg

Last edited:
i probably wont use those units but those are some new laser fx trigger pics.
i might possibly reskin them later making scrap droids and power armor units idk maybe not idk.

all of those effects are made by repurposing existing civ stuff. using new visual and particle effect codes but using existing psb and other existing files.

same with the feral ghouls i showed off previously.

since i saw it in my collection idk how i could have forgotten that gem but i might try my luck at converting some stuff from universe at war earth assault.
the one good thing i got from doing that pc for my brother was i saw so many games i should take mashes from for my collection.
some of those games i haven't installed on a pc in years and other i never installed until now.

i will still have to learn how to do unit animations but i bet i can do the meshes at least adding more building to my collection and some for ruins to use here.
any one know any good tool for universe at war before i even look into it. i might one day, i probably will at least for my mesh collection.

so far for this ive used mostly fallout 3 meshes.
and some other ones i had. mostly fallout 3 so far.

fallout 3 is a gold mine for this project i haven't even begun to import those meshes yet i have so may more to do and even more to choose from. fallout 3 almost feels like and endless supply of ruin meshes and scrap structures meshes.

Top Bottom