Making an Earth scenario help

arvis159421

Chieftain
I'm new here so sorry it this is a complete noob question but I wanted to make a scenario using the 8 civ earth map that my civ 4 complete came with and I was wondering how to pick different civs beside the 8 preprogrammed ones on the scenrio map I looked in the world builder but I couldnt find a way to alter my opponents civilization i hope that made sense so if someone could please help me I would much appreciate it.

Questions such as this should be asked in the Civ4 Creation & Customization forum. To answer though: check the Assets\XML\Civilizations folder; the CIV4CivilizationInfos and CIV4LeaderheadInfos files contain the appropriate tags to be added for each civ. Add these in the WBS, save as WBS and you should be fine (provided there are no errors).

If you want to upload a finished scenario, you start a thread/post in the Civ4 Creation & Customization/Scenarios subforum. ;)

The Assets\XML\Civilizations\CIV4CilizationInfos file contains an entry for each civ like this:

<CivilizationInfo>
<Type>CIVILIZATION_AMERICA</Type>
<Description>TXT_KEY_CIV_AMERICA_DESC</Description>
<ShortDescription>TXT_KEY_CIV_AMERICA_SHORT_DESC</ShortDescription>
<Adjective>TXT_KEY_CIV_AMERICA_ADJECTIVE</Adjective>
<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_CIV_AMERICA_PEDIA</Civilopedia>
<DefaultPlayerColor>PLAYERCOLOR_BLUE</DefaultPlayerColor>
<ArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_CIVILIZATION_AMERICA</ArtDefineTag>
<ArtStyleType>ARTSTYLE_EUROPEAN</ArtStyleType>
<bPlayable>1</bPlayable>
<bAIPlayable>1</bAIPlayable>

followed by a City List.

The Assets\XML\Civilizations\CIV4LeaderheadInfos file contains an entry for each leader like this:

<Type>LEADER_ALEXANDER</Type>
<Description>TXT_KEY_LEADER_ALEXANDER</Description>
<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_LEADER_ALEXANDER_PEDIA</Civilopedia>
<ArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_LEADER_ALEXANDER</ArtDefineTag>

The Assets\XML\Art\CIV4ArtDefines_Civilizations file contains an entry for each civ like this:

<CivilizationArtInfo>
<Type>ART_DEF_CIVILIZATION_AMERICA</Type>
<Button>,Art/Interface/Buttons/Civilizations/America.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/Civics_Civilizations_Religions_Atlas.dds,1,5</Button>
<Path>Art/Interface/TeamColor/FlagDECAL_Star.dds</Path>
<bWhiteFlag>0</bWhiteFlag>
</CivilizationArtInfo>

If you open a WBS there are entries for each civ like this:

BeginPlayer
Team=11
LeaderType=LEADER_SITTING_BULL
LeaderName=TEXT_KEY_LEADER
_SITTING_BULL
CivDesc=TXT_KEY_CIV_NATIVE_AMERICA_DESC
CivShortDesc=TXT_KEY_CIV_NATIVE_AMERICA_SHORT_DESC
CivAdjective=TXT_KEY_CIV_NATIVE_AMERICA_ADJECTIVE
FlagDecal=Art/Interface/TeamColor/FlagDECAL_NativeAmerica.dds
WhiteFlag=0
CivType=CIVILIZATION_NATIVE_AMERICA
Color=PLAYERCOLOR_LIGHT_BROWN
ArtStyle=ARTSTYLE_SOUTH_AMERICA
PlayableCiv=1
MinorNationStatus=0
StartingGold=0
StartingX=55, StartingY=46
StateReligion=
StartingEra=ERA_ANCIENT
RandomStartLocation=false
CivicOption=CIVICOPTION_GOVERNMENT, Civic=CIVIC_DESPOTISM
CivicOption=CIVICOPTION_LEGAL, Civic=CIVIC_BARBARISM
CivicOption=CIVICOPTION_LABOR, Civic=CIVIC_TRIBALISM
CivicOption=CIVICOPTION_ECONOMY, Civic=CIVIC_DECENTRALIZATION
CivicOption=CIVICOPTION_RELIGION, Civic=CIVIC_PAGANISM
Handicap=HANDICAP_NOBLE
EndPlayer

The descriptions used in the

Assets\XML\Civilizations\CIV4CilizationInfos
Assets\XML\Civilizations\CIV4LeaderheadInfos
Assets\XML\Art\CIV4ArtDefines_Civilizations

files you use to replace/add a civ in the WBS.

If you want to add/replace a civ, copy the corresponding lines into the WBS and Save As a WBS (not a text file, because that will be unusable).

The Assets\XML\Art\CIV4ArtDefines_Civilizations is important, because the [...].dds defines the flag a civ uses.

PlayableCiv=1
MinorNationStatus=0
makes a civ playable

To define starting location, you can use X and Y (like StartingX=55, StartingY=46 for the Native Americans, combined with RandomStartLocation=false) or position starting units on the map; in both cases save your file as a WBS.

You also define Starting Gold, State Religion (if any), starting era, civics and handicap.

In the example above, the Native Americans might be called Sioux by replacing CivDesc=TXT_KEY_CIV_NATIVE_AMERICA_DESC withCivDesc=Sioux

Changing leadernames is done in the same manner. For instance, you can rename Alexander by replacing
<Description>TXT_KEY_LEADER_ALEXANDER</Description> with
<Description>Philip IV</Description>

This way you can easily add a civ that's not predefined, simply by replacing the Civ description and/or leadername. (For instance, you can rename the Greeks to Epirotes, led by Pyrrhus or the Romans to Italians led by Garibaldi.)

yea tried this but when i start the game its says you´ve been defeated :( what am i doing wrong?

Top Bottom