Man-at-Arms: By Kinboat

Kal-el

Deity
Originally posted by Kinboat
A Man-at-Arms unit (I'm sort of sick of the name since I've been typing it over and over so appropriate suggestions for names are welcome :) ). Meant to replace the Medieval Infantry in the late Medieval Age. I now have plans to create a slightly more modern version without the sword and dressed in a uniform similar to the Rifleman which this unit could upgrade to.

I'd also like to thank Kal-el for all his help. He created all the sketches I based my models on and was very helpful in pinning down the look and color of these units.

Man-at-Arms: 672kb
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads5/Man-at-Arms.zip
Fortify-Attack sequence animated preview:

Preview:

I thought this unit could use it's own thread.

This was posted with Kinboat's Sengoku units, but I think it is different enough from those units to merit its own thread. And I know some people were having a hard time finding it because they wouldn't think to look in that other thread for this one.

here is the original thread with Kinboat's excellent Sengoku units.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showt...&threadid=63269

hmmm... GREAT unit- it needs a Roman counter part immediatley ;)

Originally posted by Kindred72
Didn't even realize this unit existed. Thanks Kal-El. And thanks Kinboat for another excellent unit.
I think a lot of people were in the same boat as you, Kindred72. Hopefully this unit will get a little more face time now. :)

I was just looking for this unit yesterday.

I could only find it by starting a new thread in the creation forum.

Thank's for starting a thread for this unit. :goodjob:

This unit is must in my mod.

:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Originally posted by Kinboat
... I now have plans to create a slightly more modern version without the sword and dressed in a uniform similar to the Rifleman which this unit could upgrade to. ...
:thumbsup: Very good idea, any progress on this one? It would be the missing link between the Man-at-Arms and the Guerilla (perhaps with a sabre?).

Originally posted by Wolfhart

:thumbsup: Very good idea, any progress on this one? It would be the missing link between the Man-at-Arms and the Guerilla (perhaps with a sabre?).

I really hope this is the next one on his list. Although I would definately give him a rifle, and make him some sort of 'early partisan' unit.

Top Bottom