Mana

apenpaap

Tsar of all the Internets
I have several questions/suggestions about mana in this mod:
Why is there no Dimensional mana? Missing three manatypes in vanilla FFH is weird, but when there's just one missing, it seems even weirder.
Why can't you build Ice, Creation, or Force nodes on blank manasources?
I remember seeing a list of each of the civs in vanilla FFH coupled with a patron deity/mana. I can't find the list now, but I think it was:
Mercurians - Life Mana - Succelus
Bannor - Law Mana - Junil
Malakim - Sun Mana - Lugus
Elohim - Spirit Mana - Sirona
Ljosalfar - Nature Mana - Cerunnos
Kuriotates - Creation Mana - Amathaon
Luchuirp - Enchantment Mana - Nantuoselta
Amurites - Metamagic Mana - Oghma
Khazad - Earth Mana - Kilmorph
Lanun - Water Mana - Danalin
Grigori - Force Mana - Dagda
Hippus - Air Mana - Tali
Sidar - Death Mana - Arawn
Svartalfar - Shadow Mana - Esus
Doviello - Chaos Mana - Camulos
Clan of Embers - Fire Mana - Bhall
Balseraphs - Mind Mana - Mammon
Calabim - Body Mana - Aeron
Illians - Ice Mana - Mulcarn
Sheaim - Dimensional Mana - Ceridwen
Infernals - Entropy Mana - Agares
I produced this list by memory, but if this list is correct, then I think it would be logical to have each civ's palace produce their patron mana (and 2 others). Most of them already have that, but not the Kuriotates, Grigori, Sidar and Sheaim. I think (again, if my list is correct) that for the Kuriotates it would make most sense to replace their starting Water mana with Creation mana. AFAIK they don't lorewise use water magic a lot, or live near water, or worship Danalin, so it'd be the most logical to replace. For the Grigori I think Water would also be the most logical to replace with Force. The Sidar's most logical mana o replace with Death mana would be Enchantment, I think. Since Dimensional mana is not in this mod, the Sheaim can't possibly start with it, but if you ever add it, I think Chaos mana would be the best to replace.

Mercurians - Life Mana - Succelus

Basium actually hates Sucellus because Basium wanted to be patron of Life himself.

The Sidar's most logical mana to replace with Death mana would be Enchantment,

Death magic in Erebus is undeath magic. The Sidar abhor the use of undead. That's why they don't have Death mana in their palace.

I think the Sidar would also have a preference for dimensional magic if it is ever added, seeing how their divided souls seem to have an inherent use for it. (but better perhaps as an extra palace mana, then a replacement, since their original three fit them quite well, still, I think it would be better than enchantment if one had to be replaced) Of course, as mentioned, they hate death magic.

I do plan to add dimensional mana if I ever get around adding portals to wildmana. The spells would allow to manipulate portals probably

will add an optional module that makes new mana types buildable on raw nodes and gives kuriotates creations instead of water and grigori force instead of water.

Top Bottom