MapView 2.0 - Civilization 4 Editor

In the file pulldown menu, there is "set Civ4 directory." Is this used to designate which version/mod's directory will be used by the mapview program when creating maps?

Is this thread still active? Seems like the last few replies have gone unanswered.

Sorry for that. I can't answer all questions anymore since i partially forgot the details.

In the file pulldown menu, there is "set Civ4 directory." Is this used to designate which version/mod's directory will be used by the mapview program when creating maps?

Is this thread still active? Seems like the last few replies have gone unanswered.

Even if it's months late, i can answer your question.
MapView tries to find your Civ4 install so it can use the XML files from the extensions and installed mods to provide the toolbars with available units etc.

The drop down can be useful in 2 cases.

a) MapView fails to find the Civ4 directory for some reason.
2) You want to provide a custom directory on your own. Since MapView only needs the XML part of Civ you could pack the (i believe) assets/xml substructure on an USB stick or something and you could work with it, even when Civ4 is not fully installed on the computer.

How am I suposed to access hidden folder when app don't allow me to enter path I want to access? (and it also don't see my hidden directory (and there is no option to show hidden directories ( AND I cannot even find any .ini file or something along this, so I could enter manually gamefolder path (and I cannot drag and drop map savefile. I wasn't expecting it to work, but if all other options failed, I tried this... ) ) ) ) I'm not willing to move save file out and in my game directory.

Ok, finnaly got it to work after adding shortcut to dash into hidden folder. It is kind of working now, but unfortunately it won't help me with my scenario. It's fine-ish tool. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Any idea how to make it read C2C maps ? 🥺

Top Bottom