Mars Base Project Space Race Victory

georgestow

Proud to be Awesome
This is an alternative Space Race victory for futuristic mods or scenarios. It's based around the colonization, conquest or settlement (however you want to put it) of Mars. I call it the 'Mars Base Project' because, it's a project that sets up a base on Mars.
It includes all the pedia icons for each part, all the space race screen pcxs and 3 space race victory movies!
The 3 videos are the colonization without sound, with Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin and with November Rain by Guns N Roses. The Novemeber Rain one is my favourite.

Mega-Super-Uber thanks to tom2050 for converting the video because I'm too stupid to.

Spoiler :
These are how the Mars Base Project parts replace the standard SpaceShip parts:

Mars Base Project-Apollo Project

Main Base-Stasis
Research Dome-Storage
Residential Dome-Casing
Utility Dome-Party Lounge

Artifical Atmosphere-Thrusters
Spaceship-Cockpit
The Mars Roads-Engine
Mars Defence-Docking Bay

Teleportation System-Life Support
Interplanetary Communications-Fuel Cells

Unfortunately, the large videos mean a long download time. And if I shouldn't have posted the videos with the music mixed in, please tell me and I'll try to remove them.

The Linky-Link: http://uploading.com/files/b63658ff/Mars+Project.rar/
The New Linky-Link!: http://www.atomicgamer.com/file.php?id=86715

Awesome! Some components look a bit grainy, but overall very, very nice. And makes more sense than the vanilla idea (why would going to Alpha Centauri make you win?)

The graininess in the space race screen has actually been reduced since I took those screenies. Unless you're referring to the actual videos., in which it's still pretty grainy.

Looks great Georgestow! This screen is one of the more interesting screens with everything that can be done with it. You know what this could possibly be used for, is it reminds me a little of Doom II (still a great game). :)

Did the large sized video look significantly better than the small? It's strange that the BIK turned out so much bigger than the original WMV, yet quality was not as good... I suppose it is due to WMV being a superior format with much better compression. Or perhaps there is a way I do not know to keep the videos high quality while keeping size down ??

Tom

Erm...
I didn't?
The only text that's changed is the text for the parts and the techs they require.
And I don't remember changing anything to do with completion bars, so I'm assuming their the same as before.

Sorry. I'll upload them to another site soon.

Done! :D

Top Bottom